god i hate dumb cops

VR17

last night my brother jimmy, me and 2 friend wanted to go bar hopping. before 11oclock, certain bars/clubs are free. as we went to pick up a homie, we drank some hennie and jimmy was DD, we took out the LS400 dark green on tan interior wood grain trim. anyways, we took the inside roads to downtown cause the freeway was filled with checkpoints. 2 cops behind us as we follow a friend, jimmy ddint know where he was going, he drove speed limit, we move to the right lane, cop switches over. i say, "hes gonna pull us now" so yeah we did get pulled over, at a side at the rotten robbie, asian male cop, "yo bro, licences and registration please." he gave it too him, looked at one of the homies and say, you been drinkin? he resonded yea a lil bit, we went back to the car and checked that he was somehow related to a homie in the pen san quinn. he went back to the car and got our IDs, me and the 2 other homies gave it to him, can he legally do this?! so he pulled jimmy out of the car and i thought they were gonna do a breathalizer alcohol test on him. as the female while cop checks the trashcan near the car for weed with her flashlight. he pulls us out 1 by 1 near his car, the gas station got scared so they turned off the pights so it would look like a 24 hours gas station is temporarily closed. he then says, "i smell weed", jimmy says," whatever, we aint got it anything for you to find" cop says "mind if i check?" he says sure, "you wont f*cking find crap" cop-"dont give me an attitude son", jimmy- "f*ck you, your the one for accusing us for smoking bomb, and racial profiling on us" white cop says, "shutup, we got the guns." asian cop puts on the gloves opens every door and trunk looking for anything, even a small ash would suspend my bros licence and 4 of us gose to jail. he sooner or later couldnt find crap, and he came back with his cocky attitude, your hiding it somewhere i know it, i said"let me get your badge number, if its possible", so i got it, even got his cop cars number, as we got let so, 2 hours has passed, getting drunk in downtown would be pointless, since we wouldnt have gotten in the club/bar cause of a line and still a walking distance, also and the bars close at 130 =/ anyways the cop was still behind us when we tried to leave, we pulled over, got out of the car had a smoke outside the cars, same cop, says"what are you guys now?" homie says "we're pissed, that you wasted our time", i said, "oh, and il report your ass", he peeled out all pissed. female cop behind him facial responds was like :o

ranting done

Promise us that you will report him as having a "confrontational and agressive demenor, that is not only unbecoming of a uniformed officer, but potentially hazardous to the officer's own safety as such attitudes tend to escalate precipitous situations." Say that the officer was being "provacative". Say that after his failed attempt to instigate conflict with one or all the occupants of your vehicle, he displayed signs of malcontent by childishly "peeling out" [sic] from the traffic stop. Say that his attitude and demenor was an abuse of the power that arises from the inequities among those accused of crimes (in this case of possession of a controlled substance) and those sworn to uphold the laws of the state; and in some instances to actually serve and protect.

It's not about beating him, it's about lodging a complaint since it is his right to demand that officers of the law meet a higher standard than what is expected of the rest of us.

Perhaps this guy isn't cut out to deal with the public.

Not everyone makes a good cop.

i don't think the officer acted right, but he was provoked by Jimmy IMO. he's the one who started cussing out the cop. :sleep2:

+1

If a cop seems hostile toward you it's probably best to resist the urge to cuss him/her out. Just makes a bad situation worse.

I may be wrong but it seems like you had more of a beef with the asian cop rather than the one who said, "shutup, we got the guns."

i don't think the officer acted right, but he was provoked by Jimmy IMO. he's the one who started cussing out the cop. :sleep2:

Cops are supposed to be above provocation, that's why they are cops. A cop that is easily provoked has something to proove, all the more reason that guy should not be a cop.

Why would they check "the trash can by the car" if you were driving, then stopped by them? Obviously, it's not as though one of you got out to throw something in the trash can while being pulled over... As for the checking of ID's, it could be to see if you were 21+ since you admitted to drinking, that would be my guess at least.

he called us liars, that we had weed on us,jimmy and me felt upset we cussed them out because of that. started that crap.

oh and when we were stopped the other officer just decided to check the trash can if we those any evidence away, im sure he felt stupid that he didnt find anything wrong. yeah theres nothing we can do but defend our rights, and they have guns, possible a taser. honestly, i hate to be pulled over for stupid assumptions like this. i feel like calling a cop friend and getting him back on his day off, make him know how i feel.

oh yeah, thanx james, thats what im gonna do.

File a complaint. If their department is like the ones around here, he will atleast get a slap on the wrist.

Just a little FYI, NEVER consent to a search. Not allowing a cop to search your car does not give gime RAS to do so. It is simply using your rights. You tell him "i dont consent to any searches of my persons or property" and im guess this whole incident goes differently.

Yea but the cop said he "smelled it" which gives him "reasonable suspicion" to search.

Oh, and I was pulled over again the other night. I must have around 10 warnings. I swear, I can't pass by a cop without getting pulled over.

glovebox is locked so is the trunk in tha back, i know my rights u gonna need a warranty fo dat

lol

+1

in alaska they need a warant to search any area of your vehicle that isnt in plain sight without a warant or reason to believe they will find something...

+1

in alaska they need a warant to search any area of your vehicle that isnt in plain sight without a warant or reason to believe they will find something...

Not if you give them permission....which his friend did. They would only need a warrant if you refused to let them search....even then (most if not all states) can search as long as they can find probable cause. Many cops (which is crooked in my opinion) can say that your refusal is "probable cause", but that would be easy to fight in court.

Not if you give them permission....which his friend did. They would only need a warrant if you refused to let them search....even then (most if not all states) can search as long as they can find probable cause. Many cops (which is crooked in my opinion) can say that your refusal is "probable cause", but that would be easy to fight in court.

agreed, once you give them permission then its a free for all...

yeah i have heard about cops using that reason to search your car, its messed up if you ask me.

your friend gave him lip and that definitely didn't help. i always yes sir/ no sir cops and i haven't had any trouble (knocking on wood), even though i deserved a ticket i just got off with a lecture and a written warning. a few of my friends are cops and they like to tell you all their stories, so i know have plenty of examples of how NOT to deal with cops.

your friend gave him lip and that definitely didn't help. i always yes sir/ no sir cops and i haven't had any trouble (knocking on wood), even though i deserved a ticket i just got off with a lecture and a written warning. a few of my friends are cops and they like to tell you all their stories, so i know have plenty of examples of how NOT to deal with cops.

I agree. Your friend didn't give the cop respect, so you really can't expect to get respect back. Your friend treated the cop like crap with his comment and in return got treated like crap by the cop. Kind of got what he deserved in my opinion.

Do people really think it makes them look cool when they mouth to cops? Makes you look dumb in my opinion.

^ seriously. it does NOTHING in your favor, and proving to be "tough" to a cop only further gets you in sh!t. i dont care how big of a douche a cop is being, i am just polite. 9/10 times if you get a ticket they will remember that and give you a break in court.

i got pulled over for my old invidia exhaust, and the cop was being such a dumbhead to me. my friend who was being a drunk idiot said something under his breathe and the cop got pissed, i apologized to him and everything...and when i went to court he dropped my ticket to a parking ticket (since now they cant drop that ticket anymore) and APOLOGIZED to me about not being able to get me out of it.

not saying every cop will be like this, but being courteous can only help a situation.

1st, if you do not consent to a search, the cop has to get a warrent. Your refusal does not give them RAS. If they say it does they have violated your 4th. This will lead to very large problems for them.

One thing a lot of people dont realize is that, cops deal with a lot of arrogrant, ignorant, and criminal people all day. So, when they come upon you/your friends (and yes, i have been there, i get irratated quick and get smart) and you give them an arrogrant, ignorant, or plain dumbass attitude, your going to get treated like sh*t. Is this right? No. But cops are people too. People respond based on emotions more often than they should, cops are no different.

You got screwed, plain and simple. Yeah being an ass didn't help anything I'm sure, but it sounds like he had it out for you anyway.

I've had something like that happen. Got pulled over for no reason, asked if they could search but I said no. dumbhead cop said he was going to call in a K-9, I told him to go ahead. 4 other units roll up, sniff all around, smell nothing. I was incredibly polite during the whole thing.

3 of the responding officers were friends of mine, so when I filed my complaint they supported me. Turns out the officer had pulled me over in hopes that he could bust me for possession, he had busted my little brother and thought I was gonna give him an easy arrest. He didn't know that I'm: one, AD Army, and two, I don't do drugs.

I wasn't the first person he had done this to, so in the end he got canned for abusing his badge.

Cliff notes: Some cops are dicks and will f*ck you no matter how nice you are.

You got screwed, plain and simple. Yeah being an ass didn't help anything I'm sure, but it sounds like he had it out for you anyway.

I've had something like that happen. Got pulled over for no reason, asked if they could search but I said no. dumbhead cop said he was going to call in a K-9, I told him to go ahead. 4 other units roll up, sniff all around, smell nothing. I was incredibly polite during the whole thing.

3 of the responding officers were friends of mine, so when I filed my complaint they supported me. Turns out the officer had pulled me over in hopes that he could bust me for possession, he had busted my little brother and thought I was gonna give him an easy arrest. He didn't know that I'm: one, AD Army, and two, I don't do drugs.

I wasn't the first person he had done this to, so in the end he got canned for abusing his badge.

Cliff notes: Some cops are dicks and will f*ck you no matter how nice you are.

i think in southern california we are fortunate cuz all the cops i've come across (in less than desirable situations) have been alright. they were just doing there job, going by the book. but i've heard alot of bad stories about cops on the east coast, especially florida. do you guys on the other side of the world notice this as well?

doing thier job? so its okay for them to tailgate your ass 5 blocks before they stop you. its okay to grab all of our IDs, its okay for them to question, search, and accuse you of having nothing, done nothing and obeying every freaking crap the cop throws at us? its okay for them to kick everyone out of the car? is that them just doing their job? also pating us down, and talking smack about us for over an hour? i dont think they are doing thier job at all, more like they are just f*cking with us because they are prejudice against young adults doing nothing wrong.

but yeah you guys are right, nothing we can do. i already filed a report to the independent police auditor.

so its okay for them to tailgate your ass 5 blocks before they stop you.
They are running your tag. Hense the reason when you switched lanes, they came right along with you.

its okay to grab all of our IDs, its okay for them to question, search, and accuse you of having nothing, done nothing and obeying every freaking crap the cop throws at us?
If you dont stop them from doing so by asserting your rights, yes. I dont know the laws in your state, but here in GA if your not driving a car, you have no need to give them ID. All they need is a name and place of residences.

its okay for them to kick everyone out of the car? is that them just doing their job? also pating us down, and talking smack about us for over an hour? i dont think they are doing thier job at all, more like they are just f*cking with us because they are prejudice against young adults doing nothing wrong.
This sounds almost like abuse of power. Pulling you out of the car and searching you, just say no. You dont consent to and searches of your person or proterty. (again, dont know your local state laws, and i am not a lawyer). If at this point, they still insists on violating your 4th, you have a case agaisnt the officer/deputy.

Archived