help with my radio installation

el1cuban

hey guys

i had to hardwire my radio to the car harness, i matched up all the wires.. i went to start the car and nothing, with the car running i changed( bad idea) the radio fuse as it had been blown, soon after the 12v wire from the car to battery had melted, what gives? how do i repair it? ive been trying to in stall this radio for weeks. i took it to best buy and it works, i drive a 94 civic dx

thanks man, where do i splice from. i opened the cluster from the dash and the entire 12v cable is melted. do i have to remove the dash, take the harness and splice from there?

you have to check the extent of the damage to see if anything else melt

i strongly recommend a electro mechanic cuz it sounds bad; for that damage to be done you musted fried a few things

thanks again guys. btw i did buy the harness, but it didnt make a difference, like i said everything was stripped... i hope the damage isnt extensive. everything works inside the dash. ill keep you guys posted

Sucks when previous owners do that. It's not hard to fix, just time consuming. Whoever owned my Talon before the guy I bought it from, cut all the wiring for the stereo. Geed thing it has an Alpine in it already.

Archived