Crashed My Moms 05 Honda Civic LX

Iggyk17

Hey Guys, i crashed my moms honda last week, it was slippery. Anyways, let me know what you think the value should be for fixing this car. I dont want to get ripped of by body shops. Is the accident serious, thank you for your help. I Live in briarcliff, ny.

006.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

001-1-1.jpg

I could have that done for $450.

Parts-$200

paint and material- $50

painter's labour for assembly and spray- $200

Going to a shop though, you would be good to get away with $700.

Where are you located? If you happen to be near Nashville, I can hook you up.

edit: nevermind, I just re-read your post and you're in NY.

2005 civic 4d- new oem-style parts (exact same fit as original Honda)

fender- $27

headlight- $116

hood-$99

Your hood may be able to be fixed, but may not be worth it for the money.

I underestimated the cost of the headlight in my prior post. I thought they were around $65.

But anyways, don't let them overcharge you for those parts. These prices that I quoted you are what I can get them delivered here to my shop for. They shouldn't be too far off from these. There are actually 2 other places I could price from which are closed today. They may be even cheaper.

You could probably buy, and install the parts yourself for cheaper, and just have a shop prep/spray the car.

He's right. If you have a phillips screw driver, 10mm socket, a socket wrench, and an extension, YOU CAN DO IT!!

Turns out one of my other suppliers did have them cheaper. I just had to order some stuff for this 05 civic that we got in.

fender- $22

headlight- $75

hood- $70

Total:$167

So my original estimate of $200 wasn't too far off. I was trying to overshoot a little anyways.

Incidentally, I ordered a front bumper too. $40. This sh!t is cheap!

Turns out one of my other suppliers did have them cheaper. I just had to order some stuff for this 05 civic that we got in.

fender- $22

headlight- $75

hood- $70

Total:$167

So my original estimate of $200 wasn't too far off. I was trying to overshoot a little anyways.

Incidentally, I ordered a front bumper too. $40. This sh!t is cheap!

Where the hell are you ordering parts from? $22 for a fender? Is it made of paper and glue? Because I can't even buy paper and glue for that price.

Where the hell are you ordering parts from? $22 for a fender? Is it made of paper and glue? Because I can't even buy paper and glue for that price.

We work with 4 different after-market crash parts distributors. Most of the stuff is made in Taiwan. We use this stuff on a daily basis and never have any fitment issues. The only real difference in the parts is the mil of metal used. The cheaper parts are a tad bit thinner than oem panels. But it's really a minuscule difference and hardly worth paying 10x more. Plus you can chalk it up to weight reduction. :p

The parts aren't flimsy by any means. Lets say some a**hole throws a golf ball at your fender; with an oem fender, you might get a dent the size of a nickel. With the aftermarket cheap fender, that dent could be as big as a quarter. Either way, you gotta work it out or just get another $22 fender.

We work with 4 different after-market crash parts distributors. Most of the stuff is made in Taiwan. We use this stuff on a daily basis and never have any fitment issues. The only real difference in the parts is the mil of metal used. The cheaper parts are a tad bit thinner than oem panels. But it's really a minuscule difference and hardly worth paying 10x more. Plus you can chalk it up to weight reduction. :p

The parts aren't flimsy by any means. Lets say some a**hole throws a golf ball at your fender; with an oem fender, you might get a dent the size of a nickel. With the aftermarket cheap fender, that dent could be as big as a quarter. Either way, you gotta work it out or just get another $22 fender.

i know what youre talking about.. my next door neighbor buys them all the time.. and youre right its just thinner material but not really that big of a difference... you can actually order them anywhere in any aftermarket shop... they should give you the option for it. :thumbsup:

i know what youre talking about.. my next door neighbor buys them all the time.. and youre right its just thinner material but not really that big of a difference... you can actually order them anywhere in any aftermarket shop... they should give you the option for it.:thumbsup:

Hey, i was wondering if this is the right headlight

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...T&viewitem=

Hey, would you be able to give me the site to where you order your cheap products, thank you.

Hey, i was wondering if this is the right headlight

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...T&viewitem=

No, actually that's the left headlight. But isn't that the side you need? :p j/k

Do you think that headlight is the one you need? Search your feelings...you know it to be true. Darth-Vader-icon.gif

No, actually that's the left headlight. But isn't that the side you need? :p j/k

Do you think that headlight is the one you need? Search your feelings...you know it to be true. Darth-Vader-icon.gif

yeah sorry, i meant is that the headlight i need, exact match and everything as the stock one.

I may not have much knowledge about body work prices.....but I do have something that will make you feel better.....at least you didn't do this to your civic----->

079.jpg

yeah.....it was my bad.... :(

I can tell you right now after working many years in a bodyshop in Upstate New York and being the contracted repair facility for our local Honda dealership, there is no way to be able to accurately estimate the cost of damage on your car unless it's seen in person. Your pics don't show the inner fender and it doesn't show the radiator core support and the other integral parts that aren't readily seen by the naked eye.

I can tell you right now there is not a bodyshop around that will bother trying to straighten your hood. The cost of labor just simply isn't worth the replacement cost of the hood.

Also, the aftermarket does indeed make cheaper replacement panels than the factory, but as with anything else, you get what you pay for. I have had nightmares trying to line up aftermarket panels on these Hondas and trying to get everything to look "right". There is no replacement for factory replacement panels. They line up better, the overall fit is better and they are worth the money in the end, trust me.

I wouldn't even begin to estimate the cost of repairing that car without seeing it firsthand. I will be willing to bet though there are reinforcement pieces and so forth that will need to be replaced as well that you can't see in these pics. Take the car to a reputable, competent bodyshop and get your estimate. It's the easiest and safest way to go. If you're planning on claiming this on your auto insurance, trust me when I tell you the insurance company isn't going to let anyone "rip you off" when it comes to fixing your car. All the parts have to have receipts and those receipts go to your insurance company.

Also, I wouldn't be happy with used body parts. It's a pain trying to match the color of your car and in the end, the whole panel will have to be painted anyways, so why not just go with a new piece and not risk having the paint not match or fail after a couple of years? It's worth it in the end, trust me.

c'mon man, you can tell it isn't that bad. Worst case scenario; a body man needs to take a hammer to the chassis under the fender where the core-support meets. Not that big-a-deal. My frame man could have that done in 1 hour or less.

c'mon man, you can tell it isn't that bad. Worst case scenario; a body man needs to take a hammer to the chassis under the fender where the core-support meets. Not that big-a-deal. My frame man could have that done in 1 hour or less.

To YOU it doesn't look that bad. Did "your" frame man tell you he could "hammer it out in an hour or so?" I'm not saying it's a big deal. This guy wanted to know what it would cost and I addressed his question, plain and simple. You'd be hard pressed to find any bodyman who will give an estimate over the internet by looking at a few pics of the damage.

Bottom line, a reputable bodyshop will not give an estimate without seeing the damage firsthand and going over the car thoroughly before writing an estimate.

I say, take it to a bodyshop. Have them write up an estimate with a list of everything that needs to fixed/replaced. At that point you can decide if you want to fix it yourself, or let someone else do it.

To YOU it doesn't look that bad. Did "your" frame man tell you he could "hammer it out in an hour or so?" I'm not saying it's a big deal. This guy wanted to know what it would cost and I addressed his question, plain and simple. You'd be hard pressed to find any bodyman who will give an estimate over the internet by looking at a few pics of the damage.

Bottom line, a reputable bodyshop will not give an estimate without seeing the damage firsthand and going over the car thoroughly before writing an estimate.

This guy isn't actually shopping quotes right now. He said "tell me what you think".

It's not like he's gonna bring it 900 miles to TN for my bodyman to fix it. And of course I can't see through the fender, but we've done hundreds of cars similar to that and worse. Plus, if he did decide on a new core support, that's a $40 part and 1 hour job.

Archived