stuttering

hondacbrboy00

when im going down the road. (snow covered) and tap the gas to make the tires spin ya know, it kinda stutters with some fuhtutututuh and goes. and sometimes it sounds kinda like a loud boom, possible backfire. but idk, it just started yesterday, but does not do it all the time. and when it does, once it reaches higher rpm it doesnt do it. going from like 1500rpm to maybe 3 at most it does it and then back to normal. but like i said, its not like it does it everytime i get in the car to drive either. IM LOST! i replaced my guage cluster, and since i put my old one back in its been fine...

also, just installed new stock headlights, everything works fine. except i flcik to brights, right side bright out, bulbs good, brand new fuse, new bulb, but with my old headlights it worked fine...?!?!?!?!

when im going down the road. (snow covered) and tap the gas to make the tires spin ya know, it kinda stutters with some fuhtutututuh and goes. and sometimes it sounds kinda like a loud boom, possible backfire. but idk, it just started yesterday, but does not do it all the time. and when it does, once it reaches higher rpm it doesnt do it. going from like 1500rpm to maybe 3 at most it does it and then back to normal. but like i said, its not like it does it everytime i get in the car to drive either. IM LOST! i replaced my guage cluster, and since i put my old one back in its been fine...

also, just installed new stock headlights, everything works fine. except i flcik to brights, right side bright out, bulbs good, brand new fuse, new bulb, but with my old headlights it worked fine...?!?!?!?!

On the new headlights, check to make sure the high beam filament isn't burnt out. On the stutter I have no clue, though I'm betting it's timing related.

also i just thought of it. it shouldnt have anything to do with that (from what im thinking) al i did was replaced the headlight, whole assembly, not the bulbs. it has brand new bulbs in it.

ok, my old headlights, i hit a deer with one. shattered the glass and broke the brackets. my gf's step dad backed into the other and broke the glass and snapped brackets. so i got new ones in the mail today, used the same bulbs i have cuz there brand new. both normal and brights both worked. now that i installed the new assemblies, the right side bright goes out when i flip to brights...im lost, once again.

also i just thought of it. it shouldnt have anything to do with that (from what im thinking) al i did was replaced the headlight, whole assembly, not the bulbs. it has brand new bulbs in it.

ok, my old headlights, i hit a deer with one. shattered the glass and broke the brackets. my gf's step dad backed into the other and broke the glass and snapped brackets. so i got new ones in the mail today, used the same bulbs i have cuz there brand new. both normal and brights both worked. now that i installed the new assemblies, the right side bright goes out when i flip to brights...im lost, once again.

Your post is confusing. Did you say you bought new bulbs and then headlights, or that the new headlights came with new bulbs? Because if it's the former, and you used those bulbs in your broken headlight assemblies, something could've gotten on the bulbs thereby blowing them. If it's the latter then it is entirely possible that you got a bad bulb.

yup i bought new fuses, checked the correct slots for the fuses according. all new fuses, correct amps. it doesnt want to work with the brights on...i bought new headlight assemblies, came with bulbs. but i used my former bulbs, that i had in my old assembly and it worked fine with my old headlights, i changed bulbs, still does not want to come on. and like i said, i put all new fuses in and still nothing. this car is really irritating me! any other suggestions about the stuttering tho. could it be the cold weather f*cking with it?

well hmmm wth?! i checked the plug wires last night, made sure they were all tight, it also shakes and jerks when it does it. i mean, the damn thing has 222.xxx miles on it, but im really kinda stumped. my buddy came over last night, helped me with wiring up my fogs. and i asked him, he didnt know. hes into motors nd crap and yeah, he was confused. but idk.

thats wat another of my buddys told me to do is try some injector cleaner...but i guess we'll see wat happens!!! its buggung me. tired of puttin money into it like this, when im not going to be driving it much longer!

Archived