The decline of fashion photography

sup

Unfortunately, the downward spiral isn't helped by the fact that everyone wants to be a photographer nowadays. Flooding the market with consumer cameras and MWAC thinking they are pros, has drug the actual quality of professional work down a notch.

Word. Especially true for weddings. A lot of people would rather hire a goober who just got a D40 and external flash instead of paying more for someone who actually has experience and knows what they're doing. Or the football moms who hand out crappy prints for free from their point and shoot, making it nearly impossible for an actual photographer to sell anything.

I feel ya man, my GF had one of her mom's friend take some "pro" ports of us, with a P&S.

The quality of the photos are horrible, comp, exposure, and evenness of the lighting were even worse. But people pay her for it.

And that's why when I move back home I'll be doing senior ports, The quality is just as good as Jostens, just much cheaper, far more personal and I don't put my name on everyone of the prints. And I hand over the rights with a contract saying I can use the photo's to promote my business. It's a win-win. The plus is, I actually know what the hell I'm doing with a camera, lol. Or at least am very good at pretending. :p

I feel ya man, my GF had one of her mom's friend take some "pro" ports of us, with a P&S.

are you serious? thats ghetto, dude. i dont care if it was your gf's mom's friend, i wouldve told her to kick rocks with her p&s.

she probably had a nikon p80 and thought it was a dslr or something.

How many pro/am photographers can actually take a picture (with film, not digital) and call it good and done without scanning it to touch up with photoshop?

Those are the people I will hire when I need pictures taken.

Nance, it was a kodak. Uber P&S.

Chris, you can process a film photo just like you can digital. Without scanning, you just do it while developing. Photoshop is basically just digital developing.

Archived