transmission

asimpy91

the only springs i can think of would be the spring and balls that get held in wih 12mm hollow bolts. once the tranny is back together , you put a ball in the hole , put the spring in the hollow center of the bolt , and put the bolt in the hole and tighten it down. are the springs about 3/8" diameter? do you happen to have 2 hollow bolts and 2 ball bearings left over? lol. if not , take it back apart cause if you dont take these hollow bolts and spring and balls out before cracking the tranny apart. they will fall into it.

Cable D trannies don't have the ball bearing fork retainers...

One goes on each side of one of the shift arms. One is held in place where the "U" in the bellhousing is, the other by the bolt on the side of the bellhousing.

Assuming you mean the big springs and not the small.

Small go in the bellhousing along with the ball bearings under the shift arms.

the only other springs i can thing of are the centering springs for the shift mechanism. the Z6 trannys dont have ball and spring bolts , the older style cable trannys do im pretty sure. maybe not all of them though. im sure SSR will agree , theres so many differences. you just get used to each setup and do what you gotta do at the time of dissassebly. either way , there isnt alot of springs in a honda tranny so. those baland spring bolts , and the centering springs for shift mechanism.

Edited by cranny

i have all the springs in the shifter mechanism i have 2 springs left they are crome instead of black like the shifter springs and they are a hair taller where do they go i dont think the it has any hollow bolts i dont know where aer these bolts located

i have all the springs in the shifter mechanism i have 2 springs left they are crome instead of black like the shifter springs and they are a hair taller where do they go i dont think the it has any hollow bolts i dont know where aer these bolts located? the only place i can see then fitting is on the ends of the shifter rod where the rods meet the case i looked over the tranny good and i cant seen to find any other place they can go but i dont konw i got a repair manual and the tranny doesnt match the one in my car so i didnt help

ha. bad of me for laughing, but i have an old accnt on here, forgot password and used OLD email addy that i no longer have, so i couldnt get back on, and had to make new accnt, but from what ive gathered since being on here. ssr knows his crap. i would not doubt that man!

and i have no clue as to what ur talking about, just wanted to say I wouldnt doubt ssr.