tuning software for turbo d series

420droc

care to comment on all the other things you were wrong about then?

Or should we move on to talk about the prices if you are paying for a tuner?

Right from Xenocron's site

* eCtune System (chip tuning) - $500.00 (includes eCtune license fee)

* Hondata S100/S200/S300 - $450.00 ($50 off tuning if you purchase the system from us)

* Neptune RTP - $450.00 ($50 off tuning if you purchase the system from us)

* TurboEdit (OBD0 Non VTEC) - $500.00

* B.R.E. (OBD0 VTEC) - $500.00

* Crome System (chip tuning) - $500.00

so for hondata S300 it would be:

$450 plus the $850 from before:

$1,300

For ECtune:

$500 plus the $260 for ECU/wideband

$760

So now if we look back at my earlier posts where I said:

Its a great software and if you just have a chipped P28 a tuner can tune you on the dyno and burn you a chip with no need to actually purchase software/hardware.

and:

price (of hondata) is the downfall, and the user friendliness

I was 100% correct.

Hmmmm, How many Sportsman/Pro racers use those programs? ??? ?

None that I know of.

Simple fact is you get what you pay for. Everyone that I know of that used to run back in the NHRA-SC series, and the newer races, either ran Neptune, Hondata, or AEM. I wouldn't trust that other stuff on my lawn mower, but then again I'm the type of person who likes the best equipment for something that I am going to be going 130+ mph in. To each there own I guess, but I'd step back and rethink calling Hondata "crap".

Oh, and if your going to bitch about a couple hundred dollars, you need to sell your car and take up knitting or something. This hobby is expensive. Period.

care to comment on all the other things you were wrong about then?

Or should we move on to talk about the prices if you are paying for a tuner?

Right from Xenocron's site

$1,300

For ECtune:

$760

So now if we look back at my earlier posts where I said:

and:

I was 100% correct.

Actually, from what you've linked, the Hondata *is* the cheapest option. $500 > $450.

Actually, from what you've linked, the Hondata *is* the cheapest option. $500 > $450.

No, its not:

$1,300

For ECtune:

$760

To each there own I guess, but I'd step back and rethink calling Hondata "crap".

No where on here did I call Hondata crap. I said its more expensive than other options.

And for a 130+mph NHRA car, you won't have a D-series it in, which is what this thread was asking about.

Oh, and if your going to bitch about a couple hundred dollars, you need to sell your car and take up knitting or something. This hobby is expensive. Period.

you need to stop being thick and read what I have actually posted, not just cranny's replies to what I have said. Fact remains that I have one of the most well rounded and best street driven sol's in the U.S. I built it myself, and I do know what I'm talking about.

No, its not:

Actually, you're now compounding your figures to make it look even worse. Yes, I've read the entire thread. In a previous post it was 850 for the complete tuning kit from Hondata. Now, you're adding that previously quoted 850, in addition to another 450 that you've come up with from out of nowhere. So, gathering all of the numbers from this thread, the Hodata s300 is 850, which is the *best* tuning software for a Honda. Ectune is 650, which is 200 less, and I'd be more than willing to bet is not as functional as the Hondata system. Seriously Maf, you should just stop now.

Actually, you're now compounding your figures to make it look even worse. Yes, I've read the entire thread. In a previous post it was 850 for the complete tuning kit from Hondata. Now, you're adding that previously quoted 850, in addition to another 450 that you've come up with from out of nowhere. So, gathering all of the numbers from this thread, the Hodata s300 is 850, which is the *best* tuning software for a Honda. Ectune is 650, which is 200 less, and I'd be more than willing to bet is not as functional as the Hondata system. Seriously Maf, you should just stop now.

You are not reading my posts in full, let me try to educate you. :thumbsup:

$850 is the cost of the board, wideband, and ECU...

If you were to bring that to a tuner with a dyno such as Xenocron or Jeff evans it would cost you AN ADDITIONAL $450!!!

If you want to be tuned on ECtune by a tuner such as Xenocron or Dave Blundell, it is $500 for the tune. The advantage is that you do not need to purchase any software or hardware. All you need is a chipped ECU.

and it has nearly identical features of S300.

So you should just stop. :sleep2:

No really, I'm gonna take the time and lay out EXACTLY what you have posted.

Hondata S300:

$595 for S300

$125 socketed P28

$150 for wideband

total:$855

Ectune Pro

$400 Ectune pro, hulog, ostrich package

$110 for socketed P28 (requires less work than the hondata oen)

$150 for wideband

Total: $650

In addition to this latest gem.

eCtune System (chip tuning) - $500.00 (includes eCtune license fee)

* Hondata S100/S200/S300 - $450.00 ($50 off tuning if you purchase the system from us)

So, Hondata = 1305

Ectune = 1150

So, for 155 dollars difference, you get the quality of Hondata. Now, let's see you spin this again.

No really, I'm gonna take the time and lay out EXACTLY what you have posted.

In addition to this latest gem.

So, Hondata = 1305

Ectune = 1150

So, for 155 dollars difference, you get the quality of Hondata. Now, let's see you spin this again.

Read EXACLY what I posted..

$850 is the cost of the board, wideband, and ECU...

If you were to bring that to a tuner with a dyno such as Xenocron or Jeff evans it would cost you AN ADDITIONAL $450!!!

If you want to be tuned on ECtune by a tuner such as Xenocron or Dave Blundell, it is $500 for the tune. The advantage is that you do not need to purchase any software or hardware. All you need is a chipped ECU.

can you read or not?

how thick are you?

You do not need to pay for the software or hardware for ECtune if you get tuned by an authorized tuner. What is so hard to understand about that?

I wrote it in bold in my last post.

I even said it in my original post:

look into Ectune...

Its a great software and if you just have a chipped P28 a tuner can tune you on the dyno and burn you a chip with no need to actually purchase software/hardware.

Or if your like me, you can buy the DIY or Pro versions of the software with the bundled hulog and ostrich and tune yourself.

other options are neptune and hondata both which are good but have theyre own downfalls.

and I even mentioned it in a few in between.

Your numbers ARE NOT the numbers I posted. You included the price of hardware/software in the price of getting tuned by xenocron/blundar when I already told you you do not need to buy hardware/software to be tuned with ECtune

Yet you added that price in anyway.

how thick are you?

You do not need to pay for the software or hardware for ECtune if you get tuned by an authorized tuner. What is so hard to understand about that?

I wrote it in bold in my last post.

I even said it in my original post:

and I even mentioned it in a few in between.

Your numbers ARE NOT the numbers I posted. You included the price of hardware/software in the price of getting tuned by xenocron/blundar when I already told you you do not need to buy hardware/software to be tuned with ECtune

Yet you added that price in anyway.

They are IN FACT the numbers you posted. If hardware is not necessary, then why quote a price for the hardware? Are you that thick? You contradicted yourself buy posting with, then without hardware.

You still refuse to read.

I made one post with the cost of DIY.

Hondata S300 was approx $855 (give or take $50 for wideband/ecu)

Ectune totaled $650 (give or take $50 for wideband/ecu)

As you can see that I wrote here: http://www.hondaforums.com/index.php?showt...st&p=354940

Same numbers that I originally wrote right?

Now if you dont want to DIY and want to get tuned by a authorized tuner of either system:

Hondata S300 would total: $1,300 after hardware/software/wideband/ECU and tuning fees

Ectune would total: $760 after tuning Fees and the ECU/wideband

EXACTLY as I said here:

http://www.hondaforums.com/index.php?showt...mp;#entry355118

If you think I contradicted myself, post it in quotes without editing what I said.

YOU added numbers together for ECtune hardware and tuning after I specifically said you would not have to pay for both. Those are NOT my numbers, and NOT me contradicting myself.

You still refuse to read.

I made one post with the cost of DIY.

Hondata S300 was approx $855 (give or take $50 for wideband/ecu)

Ectune totaled $650 (give or take $50 for wideband/ecu)

As you can see that I wrote here: http://www.hondaforums.com/index.php?showt...st&p=354940

Same numbers that I originally wrote right?

Now if you dont want to DIY and want to get tuned by a authorized tuner of either system:

Hondata S300 would total: $1,300 after hardware/software/wideband/ECU and tuning fees

Ectune would total: $760 after tuning Fees and the ECU/wideband

EXACTLY as I said here:

http://www.hondaforums.com/index.php?showt...mp;#entry355118

If you think I contradicted myself, post it in quotes without editing what I said.

YOU added numbers together for ECtune hardware and tuning after I specifically said you would not have to pay for both. Those are NOT my numbers, and NOT me contradicting myself.

LOL. You win. I can't have a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

No where on here did I call Hondata crap. I said its more expensive than other options.

And for a 130+mph NHRA car, you won't have a D-series it in, which is what this thread was asking about.

Ok, I'll own that. You didn't call it crap, and that was a miss quote on my part. But If I'm correct don't you use the same Tuning programs for a D as you do a B? I just don't get why people cheap out on tuning, ya its expensive but it is vital. Hondata offers some things none of the others do. I mean alot of "Street Cars" don't use those features, but they are still there.

Oh well, Continue.

Ok, I'll own that. You didn't call it crap, and that was a miss quote on my part. But If I'm correct don't you use the same Tuning programs for a D as you do a B? I just don't get why people cheap out on tuning, ya its expensive but it is vital. Hondata offers some things none of the others do. I mean alot of "Street Cars" don't use those features, but they are still there.

Oh well, Continue.

You do use the same tuning programs for a D.

In my opinion ECtune is not "cheaping out" its a very well designed and stable program. and I speak from experience. In the past few years I have had Uberdata, crome, S100b, S200b, and now ECtune.

you guys are fighting a losing battle with this guy. he oviously knows it all and is a pro tuner , lol. if he wants to tune his car shoddy , and advise all his little bum buddies the same , power to him.

your talking , but all i hear is blah blah blah , crap crap , blah blah. so why waste your breath susan.

and for the record , youve already been proven wrong , your just too stubborn and know it all to see it.

Archived