tuning software for turbo d series

420droc

look into Ectune...

Its a great software and if you just have a chipped P28 a tuner can tune you on the dyno and burn you a chip with no need to actually purchase software/hardware.

Or if your like me, you can buy the DIY or Pro versions of the software with the bundled hulog and ostrich and tune yourself.

other options are neptune and hondata both which are good but have theyre own downfalls.

theres better for a crap ton less...

yea, price is the downfall, and the user friendliness... Hondata will charge you for the box/board, then charge you for the boost option, then charge you for the boost controller, then charge you for the cables, and for the 2 step option, and the fts option....

And on top of that they want you to pay for a professional tuner to tune it so its the opposite of DIY tuning.

theres nothing better than hondata for tuning a honda , period. anyone who says differently , doesnt know what they are talking about. ectune is like an exact copy of S and K manager minus some things. whoever created ectune , imo , copied it from hondata. it looks identical. hondata is like the only setup that offers reliable datalogging and tuning in the same setup.

mafmark , i dont know what your talking about. you buy a hondata S300 , it comes with everything you need to do whatever you want. ectune is a glorified crome. there is not something extra to buy for options you want. and the software is free. spend the 600 , get hondata S300. think of it like Kpro for B series.

here , for those interested , and those who thought they knew what they were alking about but dont.

http://www.hondata.com/s300.html

theres nothing better than hondata for tuning a honda , period. anyone who says differently , doesnt know what they are talking about. ectune is like an exact copy of S and K manager minus some things. whoever created ectune , imo , copied it from hondata. it looks identical. hondata is like the only setup that offers reliable datalogging and tuning in the same setup.

mafmark , i dont know what your talking about. you buy a hondata S300 , it comes with everything you need to do whatever you want. ectune is a glorified crome. there is not something extra to buy for options you want. and the software is free. spend the 600 , get hondata S300. think of it like Kpro for B series.

here , for those interested , and those who thought they knew what they were alking about but dont.

http://www.hondata.com/s300.html

idk im gonna have to disagree...you have zero issues dataloging with crome pro...hondata is an easy way to get your tune with out doing a slight bit of research and you pay for not having to do the research...not to mention hondata stole ideas and designs etc from pgmfi.org then tried to turn around and sue them...and the only way to resolve this is to give hondata rights to the site...yea F-that!

doug macmillan doesnt steal ideas from anyone. otherwise there would be more companies out there offering tuning solutions , specially for K series , they are the only ones besides EMS. anyways , im not gona debate with you , im just telling you whats best and why.

saying that "ectune is like an exact copy of S and K manager minus some things. whoever created ectune , imo , copied it from hondata." is childish. The code was writing from scratch with completely different programming. Maybe it looks similar to Hondata but so do ALL tuning programs.

And yes, the $600 S300 has everything, but for S200 everything is extra, same with s100.

Price Description

$50 3 step rev limiter- Launch control and full throttle shift. (optional upgrade on systems purchased before 3/1/05)

$200 Boost capability. Needed for turbo or supercharged applications

$50 Datalogging capability. Required if you want to tune it yourself (optional upgrade on systems purchased before 12/13/04)

Discontinued G Sensor module.

$200 ROM Editor. Required for tuning yourself.

$175 Moates Ostrich 2.0 (real-time emulator works only with Romeditor 4)

$85 Moates Burn1 (EEPROM programmer)

I would NEVER pay money to a shady ass company like Hondata who TRYS TO SUE people like Dave Blundar... That is complete BS.

ECtune has an extremely low price tag, has more features than you will ever need, and is more stable than crome and uberdata. go ahead and attack the software, I will continue to post FACTS and defend it.

you can do what you like. they dont make s200 anymore for your info.

i find it hard to argue with the man who has the fastest honda in the WORLD. yes the world.

funny how ectune looks like an exact copy of S/Kmanager eh. cooincidence maybe. i understand the software is different , i was commenting on its design.

lol@shady ass company like hondata , dude get your head of your ass , they have been offering reliable , easy to use tuning solutions for hondas longer than anyone my man.

you use what you like , that goes for everyone. me ill be using the best thanks.

you have failed to state any facts about why Hondata is better than any other software... you have attempted to refute the information I posted with opinions of your own, but sorry that doesn't count for anything.

Facts, or its BS.

Try again.

your a tool , lol. no sense tryng to reason with someone who has none. yes im sure doug sued dave for no reason whatsoever. im sure thats what he did. he woke up one day and said , for no reason im gonna sue this guy , lol.

i never failed to state facts at all , i posted the link , go read why. if you think simple software is better than a complete all in one system , than your a tool. your saying add on this add on that for hondata. what exactly does ectunes software do for you without all the other pieces needed to use it? jesus wake up. hondata is the best , period.

what information exactly did you post that i can even refute? you posted no info , only opinion same as i ya fukin hypocrite. only difference between us is , ive personally used them. you said the s100 has all these extra cost options like s200 , you are WRONG. you talked about the s200 which isnt offered anymore , you were WRONG. the only info youve posted so far about hondata was WRONG WRONG. so wtf are you talking about? do us all a favor , stfu and stop misinforming people.

at one point i do rember seeing many options like 2-step and some others for the s300. whether thats now included or not i dont care. and the whole reason for the suit was that a pgmfi.org user quoted/posted something copyrighted up of hondatas, so he tried to sue dave...in which how could one be sued when another person states/posts their own BS on a public message board when they have zero affiliation with pgmfi.org other than user status..

and i dont understand you keep sayin theres diff programs one would need to use in order to be tuned...ok you've got crome, uberdata, and turbo-edit i believe...uberdata is basically dead. turbo-edit is for obd-0, and crome well has a few different versions. $150 get you it all. now one may or may not be a lil easier to use over the other in the sense of getting ectune or neptune but when money is money...soemthing that is a lil harder to use is worth overcoming than shelling out 6-bills for something.

many people are running on crome free for years with out any issues and thats the base. so whether you spend $600 or $0 the end result is the same...a reliable tune. So how could one say one tuning software is best?

hondata is not just software , pay attention. and with crome , dataloging is seperate from tuning software , pain in the dam ass. trust me. you say $0 or $600? whats zero dollars? crome pro cost 150. than you need a ulog , and an ostrich , and chipped ecu , and a wideband with seperate program for datalogging A/F , already were up to the same price as S300. although a wideband is needed for s300 as well as ANY tuning program. anyways , to each thier own.

hondata is not just software , pay attention. and with crome , dataloging is seperate from tuning software , pain in the dam ass. trust me. you say $0 or $600? whats zero dollars? crome pro cost 150. than you need a ulog , and an ostrich , and chipped ecu , and a wideband with seperate program for datalogging A/F , already were up to the same price as S300. although a wideband is needed for s300 as well as ANY tuning program. anyways , to each thier own.

there is some fuzzy math :crazy:

Lets take a more realistic approach at this:

Hondata S300:

$595 for S300

$125 socketed P28

$150 for wideband

total:$855

Ectune Pro

$400 Ectune pro, hulog, ostrich package

$110 for socketed P28 (requires less work than the hondata oen)

$150 for wideband

Total: $650

Crome Free

$000 Crome free

$110 for socketed P28

$150 for wideband

$000 for ECtune Free datalogger

total: $260

150 for wideband? you obviously have no querys on using garbage parts so. 125/110 bucks to socket an ecu? what is that some kind of a fukin joke? dude you dont even know what your talking about.

ectune cost 200 alone.

obd1 tuning packge cost 450. thats 650 right there. im done arguing with you. whoever takes this guys words for correct , i feel bad for ya.

only reason i get so mad is i hate people misinforming other people.

150 for wideband? you obviously have no querys on using garbage parts so. 125/110 bucks to socket an ecu? what is that some kind of a fukin joke? dude you dont even know what your talking about.

Calm down, $150 is near the going price of a PLX with display. Maybe a little low ($50 low if you DONT shop around) but what does it matter, I added that cost to each package. $125/110 was for a socket ecu, and that in fact is if you shop around real well, here they are for $200 http://www.xenocron.com/catalog/ecus-c-24.html

ectune cost 200 alone.

obd1 tuning packge cost 450. thats 650 right there. im done arguing with you. whoever takes this guys words for correct , i feel bad for ya.

No: http://store.ectune.com/Shop/tabid/220/Lis...13/Default.aspx

Ectune Pro

$400 Ectune pro, hulog, ostrich package

$110 for socketed P28 (requires less work than the hondata oen)

$150 for wideband

Total: $650

Exactly!

i hate people misinforming other people.

that would be you.

baseball-fail-mike.jpg

Archived