My New Hobby

90IntegraC1

Well, since cars aren't really my thing at the moment, I took on a few other projects...

To start, I picked up a 46 Gallon Bowfront tank, stocked, cycled, and added fish...all Cichlids, very aggressive fish.

-Tiger Oscar

-Albino Oscar

-Convict

-Parrot

-Jack Dempsey

100_0079.jpg

100_0080.jpg

100_0081.jpg

100_0082.jpg

Then about a week later I picked up a 10 Gallon Standard Tank, stocked, cycled, and added fish...this is a community tank of non-aggressive fish.

-Male/Female Betta

-Spotted Molley

-Blue Gourami

-3 Florescent Tetra's

-2 Comet's (removed asap)

most of the fish in this pic are hiding...

100_0051.jpg

And a couple days after that I picked up a 1 Gallon Tank that was originally for my Betta, but I went with four 3/4" Guppies, and they love it even though it's small...

100_0091.jpg

100_0092.jpg

well you can tell by the health, coloration, personality, eating habits, and how the guppies react to their tank mates if they're happy or not...

trust me, they're happy...

thanks tho

feg...

One of the local Hospitals has a cool saltwater setup in the waiting room of their Chest Pain Center. It is always very quiet there and the room is badass (feels like a coffee shop and not a hospital), so sometimes I go out there at night to chill, look at the fish, and work (paperwork, not mechanical lol).

we had an 80 gal. tank with oscars and parrot fish.. they're actually kind of amusing to watch.. our oscars got big quick though.. make sure you always have enough room in the tank for all the fish (and dont stick your finger in there :laugh: ours bit)

How is having fish a 'hobby'.

They just swim! all you have to do is feed them and watch them everyday. Sounds like the perfect lazy man's hobby anyway

I could ask "how is having an ugly ass del sol a hobby?"

And since you have no knowledge of how to set-up a tank, filter, heater, prime the water, cycle the tank, set the substrate, use the right amount of decorations, pick the right kind/number of fish, keep water parameters perfect, etc...i'd rather you stick to putting more bondo and plastic body panels on your del sol thank participate in this thread.

:glare:

Anything can be a hobby really considering all a hobby really is is something "you do" that passes time. In a generic way at least. None the less good looking tanks and fish. I had a small 20gal back when i lived with my parents and for awhile they had a few various tanks ranging from a 55 gallon corner tank to a massive 200gal which actually busted a seal one time. Fun stuff!

soooo awesome! I really like the second tank :D

cleaning and keeping up with 3 tanks is gonna keep you busy ha...

I used to have guppies and they had 42 babies hehe...I also had those "angel" fish and a "dirt sucker" fish in that tank...

I have a pair of 55gallon tanks and 4 10gallon tanks as various breeding and hospital tanks. Be careful how quick you add to your collection as it may get tedious tending to everything once you get to the point were you are constantly having to clean and chemically balance the water in the tanks.

One HUGE word of advice for when you start having to do water exchanges. ALWAYS test the water out of the tap before you put in in the tank. Doesn't matter if you have city water or well water. If you have gotten large amounts of rain the nitrate levels in your tap water will reach lethal levels very quicky. If you have city water the chlorine content in the water is higher then that of a city swimming pool. Make sure to let any water you put in the tank sit for at least 24 hours in an open container to evaporate excess chlorine.

Anyone that wants to come and get it, I have a free 55 gallon complete setup that I will give away to someone provided they take everything that goes with it. I am going to be moving to a 75+ size saltwater very soon and do not need/want the extra 55 tank.

I have a pair of 55gallon tanks and 4 10gallon tanks as various breeding and hospital tanks. Be careful how quick you add to your collection as it may get tedious tending to everything once you get to the point were you are constantly having to clean and chemically balance the water in the tanks.

One HUGE word of advice for when you start having to do water exchanges. ALWAYS test the water out of the tap before you put in in the tank. Doesn't matter if you have city water or well water. If you have gotten large amounts of rain the nitrate levels in your tap water will reach lethal levels very quicky. If you have city water the chlorine content in the water is higher then that of a city swimming pool. Make sure to let any water you put in the tank sit for at least 24 hours in an open container to evaporate excess chlorine.

Anyone that wants to come and get it, I have a free 55 gallon complete setup that I will give away to someone provided they take everything that goes with it. I am going to be moving to a 75+ size saltwater very soon and do not need/want the extra 55 tank.

This is very tempting. I just cleaned out an area where a 75 gallon setup used to be. Does this have a stand?

Thanks for the POSITIVE comments guys, i'd love to see pics of your tanks in this thread if you wanna show them off!

I added about one cichlid a week for the last month or so....since they'll all get big, especially the Oscars, i'm done adding fish to the big tank.

My buddy's dad has a 125 gallon long tank that i'm gonna pick up next may and set-up in my apartment...Oscars will go in there and maybe one or two other huge fish haha.

Post pics!

This is very tempting. I just cleaned out an area where a 75 gallon setup used to be. Does this have a stand?

It does. Complete setup.

It is in bad need of cleaning and I will post a pic this evening.

I don't see as owning my car as a hobby, that's just a car to get me about, and for something for me to spend my cash on to do up. the fact u think it is ugly is up to you, each to his own, personally I think your car is pretty dam ugly too, but that's beside the point. And yeah I haven't got the first clue about how to set up all that stuff for fish, forgive me for my little knowledge on something I've never done before. Fair enough there is more to it than I first thought.

I could just think of more fun things to put my money in to...no offense meant, just imo.

guess you just don't like cars without altezza's, body kits, and f*cking huge wings.

Right. Firstly, f*ck you. I did nothing to offend you, other than show I didn't know much about playing with little pointless fish. Why you feel the need to call me names n stuff I don't know, grow the f*ck up.

Actually a few do like my car. Just because I haven't gone out and spent my money on an engine conversion, that makes me a f*g? I'm sorry but I actually wanted to go and put a bodykit on my car, I've always been in to the look of cars rather than how fast it is, so when I had a chance, I went out and bought a kit and so on. So just because I did that, that makes me a f*g? Grow up.

Actually yes I do like cars with out all the kits and aftermarket lights and so on, one day I might go for the subtle look with my sol, but for now I'm more than happy having it how it is, and it aint exactly finished yet.

Once I have the money, yes I am going to go on and do an engine conversion and other performance mods, for the moment I was trying to get it looking how I want, which is that I want it different from the majority of the sols I had seen. For the moment I'm out of cash so doing performance mods is out of the question, it drives fast enough is it is anyway for the twisty roads around me. And for fracks sake get over the fact I have a big spoiler on the back of my car omg. Just because you (and a fair few of the guys on this forum) don't like kitted out cars, don't let that be a reason to rip out on me for no f*cking reason.

Also, I don't work at Taco Bell, and no we don't have them over here.

I rather like and respect most of the regs on here. You sir have proved yourself to be an utter c*nt.

Actually Seb, *most* of the people on this site think kitted cars look like ass. If you don't know this, then you've obviously not been paying attention.

Perhaps you could think of better things to spend money on, Seb. There are many, many people in this world that think those of us who spend money modifying our cars is a waste, and they could think of better things to spend their money on.

I never really got into fish. My brother had a small tank when we were kids, and my sister has had a few bigger ones in recent years including now (my brother had one for a while as well, but not at the moment). I had a carnival goldfish for about a night way back when :laugh:

After you get more settled into this new hobby, you should pick up photography so you can get some great shots of them :p

Archived