Until right after you made this post :laugh:

I haven't seen a 360 in over a year, but if I recall correctly the sides are slightly curved in, therefore the heat would escape somewhat when it's laying horizontal as opposed to when it's vertical and those are being blocked completely. Yes, it'll still block ventilation but not 100%.

I seem to have very good luck with everything electronic, except computer PSUs. I go through them like socks.

Both surfaces you can stand the 360 on, are curved. Yes, you do block more ventilation by standing it vertical, but for me it was the only option. The PS2 is on top of the TV, and the 360 to the side. It has about 2 inches clearance on each side.

soo i was told its bad to play dvd in your xbox even tho u can do it? i dont see why it be bad. but what u guys think??

This sounds like a little "after taste" from when the PS2 was failing from playing dvds. The lens would change positions when reading a dvd or a game. Eventually some would fail and the lens would stop functioning.

I would hope that this is not still a possible problem in the gaming world as that happened what like 8 years ago?!?!?!?!?

This sounds like a little "after taste" from when the PS2 was failing from playing dvds. The lens would change positions when reading a dvd or a game. Eventually some would fail and the lens would stop functioning.

I would hope that this is not still a possible problem in the gaming world as that happened what like 8 years ago?!?!?!?!?

The PS2 problem was largely overblown as it was a minor thing to adjust the laser height.

The PS2 problem was largely overblown as it was a minor thing to adjust the laser height.

I know it was a small thing but it did start the whole "DON'T play dvd's in your game system" scare. I'm sure it's more like an urban legend with the newer systems. :)

I used my PS2 as a DVD player quite often and never had a problem with it. Picked it up in March of '01 after they finally stayed on store shelves (birthday present to myself) and it still works without problems to this day.

Kastigir, are you using "cheap" PSUs? Sounds like it's either that, or you need to get one with more wattage.

I used my PS2 as a DVD player quite often and never had a problem with it. Picked it up in March of '01 after they finally stayed on store shelves (birthday present to myself) and it still works without problems to this day.

Kastigir, are you using "cheap" PSUs? Sounds like it's either that, or you need to get one with more wattage.

Nope, and I always overbuy on PSU wattage.

1st one I bought - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817153024

2nd one I bought less than 3 years later - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817153042

Archived