who ever told you that are the biggest idiots ever, just like sup said, all games are DVD-Rs or DVD's, why would that screw up your xbox...they are probably thinking since your running a movie for an hour and a half its going to overheat your xbox...which I can understand, but still you play video games much longer than that at times.....it doesnt matter, i watch all my movies on my ps3 now since i've converted to the bluray gods

i watch all my movies on my ps3 now since i've converted to the bluray gods

+1. Up-convert on Blu-Ray has much less noise than HD-DVD did as well.

As everyone had said, you can play DVDs on your 360. Isn't the 360 more likely to scratch discs, however?

the only time it would scratch your disc, is if you bump your xbox or drop it while its spinning, just like any other system.....i had my 360 since it came out for elites and it never scratched a disc...but I did end up buying another elite, but it still has yet to scratch anything....theres no DJ scratching on my box but me lol

rick, just don't go moving your xbox even slightly when its up vertical...or when its on at all with a game in. as yeah it'll scratch it.

and LOL at it apparently it being bad to play DVDs on xbox. That is what it is designed to do.

I think its just a shame how loudly the xbox is when playing dvds n games, its insane.

My comment on the subject though. The 360 is prone to malfunctions, so why increase the overall use of it by using it as a DVD player that you could pick up for $20 on CL or at a garage sale. Just my thoughts.

Me Johnny, I haven't got another DVD player, other than my laptop, didn't see the point in buying one seeing as my original xbox had one, and then the 360 has one, so why would I wanna DVD player. And to buy a $20 one, well thats gonna be a piece of crap anyway, with crap sound and picture...

I wouldn't worry about prolonging the life of my xbox by not playing dvds on it, as that is what it is designed to do, it's got 5.1 surround sound, a remote control, all you need? And if it does get the 3 rings of death then it will be replaced by Microsoft anyway.

^^the system wont get the three rings, the disk will get a ring of death, i was playing Juiced 2 *HIN*, and all the sudden it restarted on me, it kept doing it when i would goto some races or look at certain cars, i looked at it and it has a huge ring around the disk, but you can get it fixed at family video for like 2 bucks

you'll only get that scratched ring on games if you move the xbox whilst the game is spinning in the drive. The same would happen I imagine on any dvd player too.

There is no way you could get that ring on the disc otherwise.

from what i know of it was just sitting there unless my buddy moved it when he had it at his house

you mean the thing that pushes all the hot air back inside? hahaha

If you say so. While I won't believe claims without testing, my 360 does run cooler with it attached, than without. I'm not here to change your mind though...believe what you want.

Me Johnny, I haven't got another DVD player, other than my laptop, didn't see the point in buying one seeing as my original xbox had one, and then the 360 has one, so why would I wanna DVD player. And to buy a $20 one, well thats gonna be a piece of crap anyway, with crap sound and picture...

I wouldn't worry about prolonging the life of my xbox by not playing dvds on it, as that is what it is designed to do, it's got 5.1 surround sound, a remote control, all you need? And if it does get the 3 rings of death then it will be replaced by Microsoft anyway.

For one year you have a warrenty otherwise your'll likely going to have to pay a decent bit. But not going to fight with you over changing your mind it is a perfecticly capable DVD player. Just I'd rather use a cheapo DVD player for movies than my 360. And I have yet to really notice a difference in picture quality between any DVD players... TV's yes, different disc formats yes but DVD players? Idk about that one.

If you say so. While I won't believe claims without testing, my 360 does run cooler with it attached, than without. I'm not here to change your mind though...believe what you want.

There where numerous reports of the intercooler not working properly infact I'd go to say that these "reports" deterred most from getting the intercooler kit. Whether its true or not but I'd rather not use hardware like that with said reports thats not from microsoft. *shrugs*

Elites has no heating issues that the first few waves of 360's had so no complaints here.

The intercooler draws power form the 360 instead of having it's own power source, which leads to this:

intercooler2.jpg

1360984106455a5874171c3.jpg

(if it happens though they'll replace your 360)

Solution: keep your 360 in an open space, not tucked away in an entertainment center or on a carpet.