d16

hondacbrboy00

i can pick up a d16y8 with new clutch on a 95 tranny for $200, guy states it has new cam, bigger rods, pistons, sleeves, rings. all for $200, states he had it in a 94 4 door gutted and it ran somewhere in 14's i think he said? not too sure on the times. he also had turbo on at one point for 2 weeks, pushin about 10psi. DEAL OR NO DEAL?!

If your that concerned about a motor for $200 then PAPERWORK PAPERWORK! If he's got said parts/etc. he should have some bills, recipts, etc. for the parts and maybe (hopefully) for the labor.

If not its your call cause it could be a good buy or a POS.

yea he left a note on my car at my job saying he has a civic engine for sale, and it took me like 3 weeks to even call the guy...i finally did, went and looked at it, but it was ready to be dropped in ya know so i really couldnt tell if all the parts are in it like he said. and it also had a bigger fuel rail, bigger injectors, he has the stock ones as well, and he "says" again, true or not idk. the engine only has right around 80k miles. but crap i mean, ive got the vx d15z1, and this thing is falling apart. ive got a seriously bad oil leak, the whole oil pan is soaked all the time, no head gasket leak, its something on bottom end. any suggestions!?