is an itb worth it?

just curious...i'm goin with a gsr in my 91 rex, and i saw some stuff on individual throttle bodies...are those actually worth it or for the price should i just go with a supercharger or something?

also, my little bro is going between a '87 crx and a '03 neon. the rex is $700 and the neon is the same. crx has 290k, neon has 140k. neon needs alot of crap, but if he gets the rex he's puttin a gsr in it. which would be better for a 'first time buyer'?

just curious...i'm goin with a gsr in my 91 rex, and i saw some stuff on individual throttle bodies...are those actually worth it or for the price should i just go with a supercharger or something?

also, my little bro is going between a '87 crx and a '03 neon. the rex is $700 and the neon is the same. crx has 290k, neon has 140k. neon needs alot of crap, but if he gets the rex he's puttin a gsr in it. which would be better for a 'first time buyer'?

What are your goals/plans for the build? One is n/a (of course ITB's can be used with boost too but not usually) , and one is forced induction. You need to decide if you want forced induction or an n/a build. Then you could also go turbo which the B18C1 loves. It's all up to what you want...none of us can tell you what is best for you and your car.

you won't make near the same power with itb's as you would with a simple turbo kit or jacksonracing supercharger. Plus, to take advantage of itb's, you gotta have a motor built for NA. A really good port job, pistons, and possibly upgraded fuel system. Also, I've heard itb's are a pain to tune and only select engine management systems like Hondata s300 can work with them.

I met a guy with an LS vtec with ITBs and he only made 200 whp.

In my opinion, no. ITBs are not worth it.

id also say for your lil bro, that if he's actually got the money to dump into the project at a young age...(it adds up real quick) to go the the rex since it will be geting the gsr swap...i cant rember though if you need speical mounts for the 1st gen or not though...but itll have alot of weight savings!

Going fast isn't all about power...

I would get something different than those two for your brother. A $700 03 Neon is going to need a ton of work. A B swap into a EW isn't for noobs. Just get him a running car.

so basically if i would go with itb's i would have to build the engine around it and i wouldn't be getting the same power out of that for the money i could get if i go with boost?

exactly.

And, I know 200 whp is no walk in the park NA, even with LSvtec. But for less money than that dude spent building that motor, he could have easily made more power with a simple bolt-on turbo kit.

so the question now is supercharger or turbo...my future plans are to put a 2.1 bc stroker kit in it for sure, but i don't want too much power to the point where i can't keep wheels on it...so like a jackson racing supercharger (?) or turbo...idk

Archived