i dont know what is wrong wit my turbo kit

acintegra01

uh f*ck you buddy sorry my life dont revolve around cars i know enough to build and whatnot im a mechanic been one for a while but im really new to this turbo crap and it confuses me but whatever man thanks for your help appriciate it

uh oh someone is butt hurt... story of the entire internets

this: sorry my life dont revolve around cars

kinda conflicts with this: im a mechanic been one for a while

uh oh someone is butt hurt... story of the entire internets

this: sorry my life dont revolve around cars

kinda conflicts with this: im a mechanic been one for a while

sorry i aint as perfect as you bro

sorry i aint as perfect as you bro

not perfect, just read up before i do something to my car. only motor i've really opened up was a ford 400M. i have no experiance with forced induction, but i bet most people on here will agree that your story seems fishy. post a picture of you next to said car as its making 17psi without a tune and without blowing something with a sign that sais "here you go pballer" and i will take back everything i've said and apologise.

not perfect, just read up before i do something to my car. only motor i've really opened up was a ford 400M. i have no experiance with forced induction, but i bet most people on here will agree that your story seems fishy. post a picture of you next to said car as its making 17psi without a tune and without blowing something with a sign that sais "here you go pballer" and i will take back everything i've said and apologise.

im good i know what my car can do and its not 17 pounds of boost when i ask it too thats why im on here its only getting up to 15 no matter where i set it at but keep thinkin what ya want man im just lookin for some help and you aint helpin to much so stop typin up some bull crap and go to your next question

15lbs of boost in that car, on a motor with stock rods is pretty damn decent. I honestly dont know why you cant get it past 15. But as others have said, check for leaks. Make sure your turbo is still good to go. Then go get a tune.

Just a thought here, build the rest of your block before you go runnin around on +20. Will save you the headache of haveing to rebuild a trash motor when you have a rod slip a bearin.

15lbs of boost in that car, on a motor with stock rods is pretty damn decent. I honestly dont know why you cant get it past 15. But as others have said, check for leaks. Make sure your turbo is still good to go. Then go get a tune.

Just a thought here, build the rest of your block before you go runnin around on +20. Will save you the headache of haveing to rebuild a trash motor when you have a rod slip a bearin.

yeah thanks man, it definetly pulls pretty good and its my daily driver so i dont want to much boost to it 15lbs is plenty but i know it

can handle more than that and i want to know why it does what it does. i dont really plan on puttin to much more into i really just

want to know whats wrong with it. but earlier in a quote someone left on this they said 9 to 1 ration pistons (stock) would be good

to run that boost on but i proved them wrong, i thought it would be good to but with my old boost controller i was only running 8lbs

and it blew my rings and the pistons were shot. if i can ill put a picture of them on here and show you guys but that is why i went

with such a low compression with these pistons i got now 7.9 to 1 because i didnt want to risk it, and at the time i was told the

stock rods could handle that pressure of the boost i was wanting to run and didnt really have the money at the time either so i just

left them, they havent been a problem yet for me and ive been running like this for about 10,000 miles now but yeah i do need to

check up on some leaks through that piping what would be the best way to do that, i was thinking spraying it with starting fluid all

around my piping and clamps and stuff and try and find if it leaks and see if the engine revs up, how would you do it?

yeah thanks man, it definetly pulls pretty good and its my daily driver so i dont want to much boost to it 15lbs is plenty but i know it

can handle more than that and i want to know why it does what it does. i dont really plan on puttin to much more into i really just

want to know whats wrong with it. but earlier in a quote someone left on this they said 9 to 1 ration pistons (stock) would be good

to run that boost on but i proved them wrong, i thought it would be good to but with my old boost controller i was only running 8lbs

and it blew my rings and the pistons were shot. if i can ill put a picture of them on here and show you guys but that is why i went

with such a low compression with these pistons i got now 7.9 to 1 because i didnt want to risk it, and at the time i was told the

stock rods could handle that pressure of the boost i was wanting to run and didnt really have the money at the time either so i just

left them, they havent been a problem yet for me and ive been running like this for about 10,000 miles now but yeah i do need to

check up on some leaks through that piping what would be the best way to do that, i was thinking spraying it with starting fluid all

around my piping and clamps and stuff and try and find if it leaks and see if the engine revs up, how would you do it?

err what maf?

anyways i dont rember you proving anyone wrong about the stock pistons...if your rings went they went. compression ratio has nothing to do with that. are you running a catch-can? if not then theres your answer as to why they crap the bed before..

idk, i dont understand your set-up and whats going on.. something is for a nicer saying, jerry-rigg'd

All I saw is that he blew the rings on stock pistons at only 8psi.

IT"S BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO TUNE!!!!!

Seriously dude......we've tried. You have no clue. You need to log off get on google and start searching. There's plenty of information out there. You think stock rods are okay, yet you think 9:1 compression is too high for boost? Seriously.....you're lost.

I'm not sure if this link will work but you can give it a try

Click Here

All I saw is that he blew the rings on stock pistons at only 8psi.

IT"S BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO TUNE!!!!!

Seriously dude......we've tried. You have no clue. You need to log off get on google and start searching. There's plenty of information out there. You think stock rods are okay, yet you think 9:1 compression is too high for boost? Seriously.....you're lost.

I'm not sure if this link will work but you can give it a try

Click Here

well sorry i confused you guys i was a little drunk and still am, lol but yes the compression does have to do with the rings and the pistons not only the rings were done but i had a good crack on one piston and a nice chunck from the other. you guys gave me some good info and i appriciate it thanks.

that makes sense i didnt think about that, but how did you test for a boost leak

i find the easiest way to do a boost leak test is to get a piece of pvc pipe (like an end cap) that is about the same size as the turbo inlet, a bycicle valve, and a coupler.

drill a hole into the end of the cap, pop the valve into the hole, and the use the coupler to attach it to the turbo.

then just fill the system with air (about to the psi your running), if it dosent pressurise you have a very bad leak, if it does and slowly drops you just have a leak and if the pressure dosent drop well then obviously you dont have a leak.

and also 15psi on a factory tune is alot in my opinon, your polly running pretty lean and could be getting fuel cut.

well sorry i confused you guys i was a little drunk and still am, lol but yes the compression does have to do with the rings and the pistons not only the rings were done but i had a good crack on one piston and a nice chunck from the other. you guys gave me some good info and i appriciate it thanks.

the cracked piston is from your tune not being proper and leaning out.

Amazing. A local tuner in my area was pushing 14-16psi with over 300whp on the stock rings and pistons on a B18B1. COmpletely stock motor to be exact. He daily drove the car all the time, beat on it all the time and NEVER had a single problem. He ended up building and pushing 26psi and over 400whp on a conservative tune. It's all in the tunes, not all in the pistons and rings. :crazy:

Amazing. A local tuner in my area was pushing 14-16psi with over 300whp on the stock rings and pistons on a B18B1. COmpletely stock motor to be exact. He daily drove the car all the time, beat on it all the time and NEVER had a single problem. He ended up building and pushing 26psi and over 400whp on a conservative tune. It's all in the tunes, not all in the pistons and rings. :crazy:

This is so true, a shop in my area called epic tuning that had an ef civic hatch with a single cam vtec engine running 30 lbs of boost on completly stock internals, yes completely stock motor. It was tuned by jeff evans of evans tuning. The car was daily driven around 14 psi and turned up to 30 at the track.

This is no bs.

So, basically, you need to go to a GOOD if not great shop in your area, and get a tune. (im drunk ATM, not sure this has much to do with anything... but figured id share.)

I had a buddy running 18 street tune, and 25 track on a '97 eclipse. (he would have gone more, cept he had an atuo tranny that couldnt hold his street tune. I know i drove it.. SOB was out running a '98 Z28 untill the third pass where i couldnt keep it in its boost range. Then the tranny said FU.)

For your car, i would seriously make sure you had no boost leaks. Then i would get a tune. But i would seriously think about bulding the rest of the bottom end. I had a rod slip a bearing without boost and i only had about 150k on my motor.('93 EX with B18B1)

Whats the worst that happens? You have a fully built motor and nothing bad happens?

So, basically, you need to go to a GOOD if not great shop in your area, and get a tune. (im drunk ATM, not sure this has much to do with anything... but figured id share.)

I had a buddy running 18 street tune, and 25 track on a '97 eclipse. (he would have gone more, cept he had an atuo tranny that couldnt hold his street tune. I know i drove it.. SOB was out running a '98 Z28 untill the third pass where i couldnt keep it in its boost range. Then the tranny said FU.)

For your car, i would seriously make sure you had no boost leaks. Then i would get a tune. But i would seriously think about bulding the rest of the bottom end. I had a rod slip a bearing without boost and i only had about 150k on my motor.('93 EX with B18B1)

Whats the worst that happens? You have a fully built motor and nothing bad happens?

yeah good point thanks man

• 3 weeks later...
I have je pistons 7.87 to 1 compression (stock is 9 to 1) in a b18b1 motor. I didnt put rods in because I was told and assumed the stocks ones would be fine, I dont want crazy amount of boost, 20 psi is plenty enough for me. I'm still lost on the gain i have no clue where to set that at. The boost controller i have is a greddy profect b series 2, the turbo is a turbonetics t3 t4. and sorry for my slang im not in high school anymore so no need for me to type like that unless it really helps you out

"I passed highschool, now that I'm done with it I have no need for the knowledge gained." that just makes way too much sense. I wasn't aware that we were just thrown into highschool to make our lives harder.

Archived