window

C92hatchX

my window is off track just a bit, it rolls up but sometimes its hard to roll it up and i have to push on it from the out side for the top to close almost all the way, and down by my mirror my weather striping is messed up, what do i do to fix?, could it be my weather striping?, ill take pics when i get home if its still light out

does anybody else have any suggestions cuz mine does the same thing

For power windows what we have found without replacing the window guides and seals is to try spraying a really lite silicone spary (something that when you spray it on a piece of cardboard dries and does not remain greasy because you do not want it to attract dirt) down the window guides. i.e. with the window down spray it where the window sits. Don't be affraid to use a 1/2 can per window. Windows that go up and down slow or slightly off track are often/somtimes caused by extra drag where the window makes contact guides and seals.

Honestly, as far as "slow" windows go, if you take it into the dealer they will spray silicone on the guides and seals until the move normal again, then charge you and arm, a leg, and maybe some other part of your body.

If it is a cable driven window and it is tilted as is comes up, more often then not it means that the motor (includes the cables) will have to be replaced, or the widow guides (or combination of both) will have to be replaced.

If you are OK with the way it is that is best, as the parts are relatively expensive.

For power windows what we have found without replacing the window guides and seals is to try spraying a really lite silicone spary (something that when you spray it on a piece of cardboard dries and does not remain greasy because you do not want it to attract dirt) down the window guides. i.e. with the window down spray it where the window sits. Don't be affraid to use a 1/2 can per window. Windows that go up and down slow or slightly off track are often/somtimes caused by extra drag where the window makes contact guides and seals.

Honestly, as far as "slow" windows go, if you take it into the dealer they will spray silicone on the guides and seals until the move normal again, then charge you and arm, a leg, and maybe some other part of your body.

If it is a cable driven window and it is tilted as is comes up, more often then not it means that the motor (includes the cables) will have to be replaced, or the widow guides (or combination of both) will have to be replaced.

If you are OK with the way it is that is best, as the parts are relatively expensive.

my windows are manual. they roll up and down but my passangers side front window rolls up but comes out of the weatherstripping towards the top. if needed i can get pics and post them up.

Archived