Just got a Del Sol....

FamousSol93

Hey guys I just got a 93 Del Sol, auto, that had one owner who happened to be an old woman at that. It's neon green and the paint is in some what decent condition. The inside of the car is in great condition and all stock with the exception of the radio but even the radio could use some improvement. It's my daily driver right now.

I'm pretty sure it's the S not the SI because the car has no balls. It's had all it's services and things replaced when needed. The car has 200K on it and after talking to a friend I've started putting in better gas and will probably start using high milage oil.

I wanted to get some opinions from you all and see what you think the best way would be to go with getting started on fixing up the car. Most likely I'm going to put wheels on it while I get a few prices on getting the car painted. I'm not really into the body kits because if i ever decided to sell the car I dont want people thinking some young kid beat up on the car, but thats if I decided to sell it. My girlfriend told me she would get me a few little things like a front lip so it looks sporty without going into body kits, maybe tail lights or head lights but I'm not exactly sure.

I'd like to do a motor and tranny swap but that's not on the top of my list. I'd like to first make it look a little nicer and maybe give it some kind of balls. Id like to save enough money up so I can do things right. Any thoughts or ideas would be great thanks alot.

-Mike-

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd like to do a motor and tranny swap but that's not on the top of my list. I'd like to first make it look a little nicer and maybe give it some kind of balls. Id like to save enough money up so I can do things right. Any thoughts or ideas would be great thanks alot.

-Mike-

Here try this. Balls for the Del Sol

If by Neon Green you mean Samba then painting it will make the value go down. :sad:

S or Si, quick and easy way to tell without getting into the car or even opening the hood - look at the rear brakes. Are they drums or disc?

Xeryon, can you not get Samba paint?

Sure, but who would actually choose to paint their car that color of their own volition? That, and the OP noted it was "somewhat decent condition" which would make me think it was an original paint.

Sure, but who would actually choose to paint their car that color of their own volition? That, and the OP noted it was "somewhat decent condition" which would make me think it was an original paint.

if mine were Samba, I'd respray it that if needing it. I'd be thrilled to have an original coat of Samba :drool:

i would repaint it factory samba.. its actually a really pretty color

CF lip on samba :thumbsup:

and try some mobil high milage syntheic maybe?

and 87 octane will work fine on a honda

spark knock on the B16 if you do that :thumbsup:

if it's knocking, use mid-grade or premium, it's not that much more expensive!

its a 93 si. 87 is the recommended on those. anything else would be a waste of money, unless it actually is knocking to start with.

:thumbsup: I was just saying to use it if it was knocking since the OP had mentioned use of premium.

^I'm with her :thumbsup:

#@$% but I wish the PO of my car had left the lip on the new bumper :rant:

Yeah the color looks like the del sol in your banner. And I've decided to keep it the color it is even though I would of liked to change the paint completely because were I'm from there are alot of police around and the color doesnt help me too much.

As for engine I'm almost 100% sure that its the regular del sol 4 banger nothing special no vtec just amazing on gas. I'm going to be getting a 2002 Mustang GT within the next year so I plan on making del sol project car and mustang as my daily driver. So I'll probably start with wheels and lights. I'll also have the paint restored.

I wanted to ask what would be the best way to pick up a little more power with the motor I currently have? Intake and Exhaust? Better battery? New wires? I know little about cars but im trying to learn. Like I said it's got 200K and it's an automatic I just want a little more to beat my girlfriends stock jetta.

Thanks

Archived