b20B, b20Z, JDM b20

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So get a stock engine to put in it while you save up for a proper build.

Bingo. Get a stock engine that you want and will perform good! I did the same thing. I bought a b16 for my Del Sol because my old motor crapped out hardcore on me. I've been slowly buying quality parts including suspension, brakes, and performance. I could have opted to buy a cheapo turbo kit or cheapo motor upgrades but I want to do it right.

ya chriz listen to these guys there only tring to help u.(although they argue like school gurls lol)no offense fellas.but ya with 2500 bones ur not gonna get the power u want reliably.just not gonna happen bud.to build a qaulity engine takes $$$.i have 5 grand into my n/a ls vtec right now and im still building.and thats doing engine assembly and stuff myself.just in parts i spent that much.but i have purchased all oem honda parts, some were even used.it takes money to build a quality engine. period. and all u guys that come in here saying i want 300whp and i have 2500$ need to wake the f up.u cant just jump into tuning and be the fastest around,it takes time,dedication,money,sacrifice,and experience to build a quality motor setup.like everyone is telling u take ur time and do it right the first time.u realize that just your fuel and engine management for boost will cost u like 1000$ for good parts?and thats cheap.u need injectors,fuel pump,fuel rail,fpr,and chrome/hondata/ whatever ur gonna use.yes u can get by without all that stuff on low boost but ur gona need it sooner or later so do it right now.o, and ur lookin at another 500-700$ for a good tune.then 700$or so for the engine.pistons,seals gaskets,machine work will run u probly another700$.then u have labor if u dont DIY.plus theres a ton im leaving out.one thing u will learn while building a motor is u will always need more parts after u start ripping crap apart.u will forget things.so u take those numbers and do the math.add in a good turbo,pipng,intercooler and manifold, u get the point guy?

Archived