OBD-0 to OBD-1 conversion

For an OBD2 to OBD1 conversion I know it's just a conversion harness and plug in the OBD-1 ecu and go.

However, my car is OBD-0 and in the future I'll probably swap an OBD-1 motor in there. Since OBD-1 I assume has more emissions and stuff than OBD-0, what is entailed in converting an OBD-0 car to OBD-1? Is it just a conversion harness or do you have to run additional wires or or a new harness for added sensor's and stuff? Just curious and I've searched a couple different sites without much information.

Depending on the motor, will it be vtec, is the car dpfi or mpfi? Generally conversion harness, ecu, obd1 dizzy. I believe that's about the jist of it.

Well, my current car is DPFI and the new one will definitely be mpfi. I'm still a ways off so haven't completely decided on which motor but I'm leaning toward a B18B1 for boost. Might also consider a D16z6 with boost, but don't know much about those motors. Like for instance whether the z6 and tranny will just drop in without any other parts (except ecu of course). If the z6 is super easy to swap in I might just go that route since they're pretty cheap. Obviously I'd have to run the wires for VTEC if I did that.

The engine will drop right in there. However the ex/si trans is hydro and requires either a conversion bracket(Hasport makes one) or adding in the slave cylinder.

You could also find an si trans from the A6 as it is cable and will bolt to the z6 just fine.

The B1 also comes w/ hydro trans stock so you would need the hasport EFB2 kit (b-series mount kit w/ hydro trans bracket) or a b series cable trans.

As for the dpfi-mpfi swap you would just need a few wires for the additional injectors, as well as a injector resistor box if you want to run peak & hold injectors

The engine will drop right in there. However the ex/si trans is hydro and requires either a conversion bracket(Hasport makes one) or adding in the slave cylinder.

You could also find an si trans from the A6 as it is cable and will bolt to the z6 just fine.

The B1 also comes w/ hydro trans stock so you would need the hasport EFB2 kit (b-series mount kit w/ hydro trans bracket) or a b series cable trans.

As for the dpfi-mpfi swap you would just need a few wires for the additional injectors, as well as a injector resistor box if you want to run peak & hold injectors

With the B18B1, couldn't I use a B16 trans.....aren't they cable?

If so then the easiest would be either

D16z6 swap with a6 tranny

or

B18B1 swap with B16 cable tranny.

I guess the biggest problem with that B series setup is whether or not the shorter geared B16 tranny would be a good move for boost. Since I'd only plan for 250-300whp I'm guessing that it would still be a good combo.

Edited by CleanGSR

Yeah you could use a b16 cable trans on the ls, or just get an ls cable trans 90-93. The gearing would be longer but you would also have a lower cruising rpm @ hwy speeds.

OR

B16 trans w/ ls 5th then you have closer gears and long 5th for cruising and better mpg.

D swap will be easier.

You can use any B trans (other than Prelude) on the B18.

Lower cruising RPM does not mean better MPG. Often it means the opposite.

Edited by ..SSR..

Cool it sounds like it won't be too tough. B18B heads flow like crap from what I've gathered so I'll probably be deciding between going all out with a boosted B18C1 or just making a fun daily driver with a turbo D16z6. I'll have a year or so to decide and research details about each.