Domestic Vs. Import

Statistically, Ford is bitchslapping the domestic competition. Haven't really put into paper what they're doing against foreign. Helps when you've got a couple of the best selling vehicles in america on your roster.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Statistically, Ford is bitchslapping the domestic competition. Haven't really put into paper what they're doing against foreign. Helps when you've got a couple of the best selling vehicles in america on your roster.

can't deny that, the f150 sells like crazy, and i really like the newest model, much more truck like as far as i'm concerned, and i really like the domestic diesel trucks. but i feel like they are cheaping out on their materials. they are looking at what people want in a vehicle, and barely giving them just that, and not taking it any further. for marketing it works great, but i frown on it (i know i'm only one person but for the sake of the argument it qualifies) again i don't think one is better than the other, i have respect for both sides, i just have my preferances

I'm just not into American cars for the most part. I like corners, most American cars don't, there are exceptions of course though. The Z06 is a great car, and the older generation Mustang Cobra R was a great car, too bad they quit making it. But for the most part, I'll always pick the lower power, lighter weight, Japanese car over a bigger heavier and faster in a straight line American car.

Everyone has their likes and dislikes though, I'm not a huge fan of drag racing, so I don't care about having a car that makes ### horsepower or does the 1/4 in x.xx time.

can't deny that, the f150 sells like crazy, and i really like the newest model, much more truck like as far as i'm concerned, and i really like the domestic diesel trucks. but i feel like they are cheaping out on their materials. they are looking at what people want in a vehicle, and barely giving them just that, and not taking it any further. for marketing it works great, but i frown on it (i know i'm only one person but for the sake of the argument it qualifies) again i don't think one is better than the other, i have respect for both sides, i just have my preferances

F250/350/450/550 comes decked out with leather and whatnot..they don't really skimp on their more expensive vehicles, though the barebones work models of the aforementioned trucks can certainly be considered cheap. It's not as though woodgrain is a necessity in a TRUCK. The fact remains it is what it is. Though, if memory serves I think there are some wood accents in the heavy duty F-series lineup. My F150 is a 2000 model and I've got but one tear on the drivers seat (thanks to a rogue key in my pocket and the fact that the seats are obviously worn in), and not much is wrong with it aside from oxidation (truck came from the coast, salt air>paint anyday) and the fact that it only gets around 15mpg. Weather stripping is all in tact, no infamous "domestic knob falling off-age" seeing as I've got power windows (that still work). Ford might BS their Focus and other cars, but the truck lineup is somewhere they don't, for sure. Mustang has definitely stepped up as well.

F250/350/450/550 comes decked out with leather and whatnot..they don't really skimp on their more expensive vehicles, though the barebones work models of the aforementioned trucks can certainly be considered cheap. It's not as though woodgrain is a necessity in a TRUCK. The fact remains it is what it is. Though, if memory serves I think there are some wood accents in the heavy duty F-series lineup. My F150 is a 2000 model and I've got but one tear on the drivers seat (thanks to a rogue key in my pocket and the fact that the seats are obviously worn in), and not much is wrong with it aside from oxidation (truck came from the coast, salt air>paint anyday) and the fact that it only gets around 15mpg. Weather stripping is all in tact, no infamous "domestic knob falling off-age" seeing as I've got power windows (that still work). Ford might BS their Focus and other cars, but the truck lineup is somewhere they don't, for sure. Mustang has definitely stepped up as well.

yeah that truck lineup is sick. they had an f350 superduty sitting unlocked in a lot and me and my friend sat in it and were amazed at how big and comfortable it was. if i slide that passenger seat all the way forward and sat up straight i still coudn't reach the dashboard with my big monkey arms. and yeah there was wood grain and nice leather. we asked the guy how much it was and he said for this model it was around $100k and i can believe it.

i think our family has just had bad luck with out expeditions. the first one we had fell on its face at 120k miles. everything seemed fine then all the sudden all these problem started showing up. the one we have now seriously feels ghetto, the plastic is heavier than my car, but it's more brittle, the fabric on the seats are fraying like a cheap seat cover, the suspension is fail, the motor hesitates and takes a little more effort to start if its cold out, etc. and yeah the focus sux. test drove one before i got my honda, with the a/c on during a hot summer day i couldn't get around a semi pulling a load on the freeway, and it had the exact same interior as my ranger, same radio, same seats, same plastics.

Archived