Domestic Vs. Import

exactly. But i have one additional concern.

The term "ricer." now i do not have any "rice" parts on my car but i think insulting cars for what their owners do is ridiculous. Its your property so why cant you do it? i mean i dont like the flame stickers and stuff but if other people like it, then they shouldn't be insulted. We are all car enthusiast, whether it be exterior, interior or both.

thats just my thought.

thanks for the reply. :)

I disagree. I call people ricer's that put crappy parts on their car (regardless of the make of car). They can do as they please, just as I can call their car rice as I please. Then again, I also call El Camino's and late 80's camaro's, mullet machines and assume their driver's have only 1-2 teeth.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And being from Missouri I'm sure that 90% of the populous there that drives the aforementioned cars has exactly that.

???? Dude, 90% of the populous (period) has a mullet in missouri

Lol...just playing, I actually rarely see either of those cars around here, but it's not uncommon to see a mullet pop around the corner here and there at walmart.

???? Dude, 90% of the populous (period) has a mullet in missouri

Lol...just playing, I actually rarely see either of those cars around here, but it's not uncommon to see a mullet pop around the corner here and there at walmart.

the mullets flock to walmart

I disagree. I call people ricer's that put crappy parts on their car (regardless of the make of car). They can do as they please, just as I can call their car rice as I please. Then again, I also call El Camino's and late 80's camaro's, mullet machines and assume their driver's have only 1-2 teeth.

many call my car a ricer because i have a honda.

What defines "RICE"

• 1 month later...
many call my car a ricer because i have a honda.

What defines "RICE"

I think I can speak on behalf of the guys in Camaros that laugh at some people driving Hondas, because I am a guy that drives a Camaro, and I do sometimes laugh at a guy driving a Honda.

I don't laugh because you choose to drive a Japanese car, and I don't laugh because your car is slow.

I usually laugh because you have a wing the size of a shopping cart bolted to you trunk lid, or because your car sounds like a bumblebee, and I know you've probably done nothing else to the car, except maybe a cold air intake (that you probably think actually adds 15-20 hp). It also cracks me up a lot when someone with a nearly stock 4 cylinder car tries to race me.

That being said, my other car is a 98 Civic DX, and I don't mind driving it at all. When I bought it, I had to get rid of the cheesy euro taillights, and the loud muffler with the enormous tip, but it's a good car.

And as far as the efficiency thing... my 2000 Camaro SS (read "LS1, 5.7 liter, 6 speed manual", and about 3550 lbs curb weight) is a very reliable, powerful, and efficient car. My mods include heads, cam, headers, exhaust, intake, rear gears, and dynotune... it makes 420 rwhp (that's about 480 flywheel horsepower) and I now get about 22 mpg in the city, and 32-35 mpg on the highway. Not bad for an inefficient V8. My Civic barely gets better mileage on the highway, although I'll admit it does much better for city driving (it does about 32 city/36 highway).

And of course, my favorite part about muscle cars is... they just sound WAY better, at least, in my opinion.

All that being said, some of you have some very nice cars, and I know there's a few here that could easily take my SS. But, as it's been said on my other forum, the guy with the most money, usually has the fastest ride!

I now get about 22 mpg in the city, and 32-35 mpg on the highway. Not bad for an inefficient V8. My Civic barely gets better mileage on the highway, although I'll admit it does much better for city driving (it does about 32 city/36 highway).

Yea, the Camaro has an extra gear which is always helpful. Driving my Civic on the highway, I'm usually at around 3500 RPM, so I could definitely use a 6th gear for better gas mileage.

American cars = Big, ugly, generic, have stupid powerful sounding names, can't turn corners, have massive guzzling engines with nil power, and are generally dated and cheap in build quality and design. (although in some cases, e.g. the Hummer or a mustang, this makes them cool).

Euro cars = At the forefront of car design, small, light, efficient, good handling, build quality for some is yet to be desired though (Mercedes being one of the main ones).

Jap cars = Small, light, design is not really pushed as much as Euro cars, some can look bland, but they have a better idea of it than the American manufacturers do. Performance is as Lina said, great, they can push a lot of power out of the engine, and the build quality is amazing.

Anywhere else = I just wouldn't go there. Anything that comes out of Korea (e.g. Ssanyong), or China or India is generally not worth buying.

So whos the winner? Its a toss up between Euro & Jap for me, although I'd probably go for Euro for the history.

/end thread again.

Because we have a larger percentage of flat, straight roads. I don't really care, all cars have their pros and cons.

Joe's Subaru is win. Rick's is failtastic.

if people would stop hitting my car, it wouldnt be failtastic you asshat...

aw poor rick, i still like it rick, even though joe's is superior...

thanks...

joe's car may be godlike, but mine is more practical.

and youre all forgetting about Felix's sti...

American cars = Big, ugly, generic, have stupid powerful sounding names, can't turn corners, have massive guzzling engines with nil power, and are generally dated and cheap in build quality and design. (although in some cases, e.g. the Hummer or a mustang, this makes them cool).

Euro cars = At the forefront of car design, small, light, efficient, good handling, build quality for some is yet to be desired though (Mercedes being one of the main ones).

Jap cars = Small, light, design is not really pushed as much as Euro cars, some can look bland, but they have a better idea of it than the American manufacturers do. Performance is as Lina said, great, they can push a lot of power out of the engine, and the build quality is amazing.

Anywhere else = I just wouldn't go there. Anything that comes out of Korea (e.g. Ssanyong), or China or India is generally not worth buying.

So whos the winner? Its a toss up between Euro & Jap for me, although I'd probably go for Euro for the history.

/end thread again.

fck all those guys, australians ftw

subarus win

soobies might win... but evos PWN :devil:

/end thread again.

IMO you got the american cars on the dot.. but now they are starting to copy the japanese market and build their cars better.

the build of euro cars blow balls unless you buy the high end product (mercades AMG, SLR, etc) BMW engines FTMFL!

and the american market gets alot of their ideas from the aussie market.. the GTO was origionally a aussie marketed car.. i forget the name, it starts with a M

it doesn't help that most of americans are interested in trucks and SUV's that most people wont use for their proper purpose. this is the reason you get a lot of cross over's (truck/suv body on a car chassis/suspension). so american markets are trying to design trucks to be road queens while still trying to make them look big and tough. it takes more resources to build, but people don't want to pay for it, but they demand that it can hold 8 people and have 4wd, and they want a fast, fuel effeicent V8 even though the thing weighs 3 tons.

my mom's 03 expedition is a prime example of this, yes it's 4x4, yes it has a 3rd row, yes has a somewhat torquey V8, but the suspension componants are weak, the interior can't handle the vibrations from dirt roads so all the compartment doors fall open, these vibrations also bring hell to the electronic monitoring stuff in the suspension (ABS, tire pressure sensor), and the IRS is a joke

I know a number of Audi Fanatics that have driven the new G8 GT and have outright fallen in love with it. GM and Ford have stepped up the game. Dodge is LOL.

Aussie cars rule. The Vauxhall/Opel Monaro is a beast..

yeah thats the car i was talkin about!! :)

I know a number of Audi Fanatics that have driven the new G8 GT and have outright fallen in love with it. GM and Ford have stepped up the game. Dodge is LOL.

GM has stepped up alot, ford ehh so so, dodge still sucks donkey nuts and always will :thumbsup:

i dunno about ford. it seems they have improved in some areas but fallen back in others, so they have kinda stayed where they are, imo. i don't know if i think dodge is worse or the people that drive their vehicles. the only dodge owner that i have liked so far is justin (no homo). i definitely feel that GM has improved overall. i can see why there are so many fans of the Vauxhall based cars, there is no b.s. to them, they are just muscle cars.

Archived