Just getting started...

FamousSol93

Hey guys I just got a 1993 Honda Del Sol I'm gonna say type S. It's auto and has 193k miles on it. The paint is in decent condition but its bright green. The inside is in great condition and the previous owner put an older JVC head unit but by older I mean older. It was an older woman who drove it and she was kind of a family friend.

My

THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PIX!!

What wrong with bright green??? Correction your paint is called Samba Green. which by far one of the sexiest colors for a del sol

Speaks the truth. Samba is the sexiest color on a del sol aside from WRB....lol

wait i just realized this the samba green was not available is a s model

Yeah, I was wondering about that... Although the other green isn't bad. Looks good with a little bit of pin-striping.

Yeah, I was wondering about that... Although the other green isn't bad. Looks good with a little bit of pin-striping.

The other green (the dark one??) I thought was only available on the VTEC model and rare at that. I could be mistaken though as it's been a few years since I've owned a del sol.

Considering who he bought it from... unlikely.

LOL, sorry to put it so harshly, but being how old the car is, don't you think it may have been painted once or twice? I mean if he said he bought a 2006 Civic, I'd assume it has original paint, but for something from 1993, OEM paint would not be the first thing to pop into my head. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't just assume the green he's talking about is Samba or any other Honda paint for that matter.

LOL, sorry to put it so harshly, but being how old the car is, don't you think it may have been painted once or twice? I mean if he said he bought a 2006 Civic, I'd assume it has original paint, but for something from 1993, OEM paint would not be the first thing to pop into my head. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't just assume the green he's talking about is Samba or any other Honda paint for that matter.

Older lady, much older head unit... kinda adds up to her being the original owner. And even if not, it probably wasn't a ricer if she wanted to buy it. :sleep2:

Logically, it does make some sense. Could be wrong, but until he logs back on to let us know, all we have is conjecture.

I don't think an old lady would have put in a JVC aftermarket headunit. Even my dad didn't want to put in an aftermarket headunit (which I bought for him and then had to return).

but this is troof:

I disagree. Here's the scenario:

Older lady gets a new Elvis CD for her birthday from family.

Older lady tries to put the new CD into the tape slot in her Del Sol.

Older lady goes to best buy to ask for help with inserting CD into tape deck

Older lady drives home with JVC headunit in del sol and 200 less in her purse.

(Of course I could be completely wrong......could have been a Beatles CD)

He only said "older" lady. For all we know, older to this kid/guy could be 30's or 40's, not 70's or 80's.

He also said he thinks it's an S model, not that he was positive that it was one.

Archived