my pantech matrix was $130 before the $50 mail in rebate. qwerty keyboard and all the other goodies most phones come with. att doesn't seem to offer much in the line of qwerty phones so i dunno what else would be out there. are you renewing your contract?

I've got a blackjack and it's nice, but I can't say I'd recommend it....even the BJ2. It doesn't have touchscreen and that really bugs me after using palms for a long time. I've always liked the palm stuff, so you might check out the palm centro.

im not to fond of touch unless the iphone i like the blackberries though they are nice i have a sony clie imma about to put on CL for a trade maybe ill get something nice

Palm's are touch screen, but they also have the querty keyboard. You don't ever even have to touch the screen if you don't want. It is very useful though.

Well here you go:

Iphone 3g - Overall great phone, touch interface is imaculate....although it probably takes you about 15 minutes to get use to it, its fantastic afterward. If your in a 3g area then the phone is great, otherwise if your not it uses the edge technology, which is ok, but not as near as fast. Although its a 2.0 megapixel camera it takes pretty badass pictures as long as lighting is decent, but forget it if your trying to take anything in the dark. The phone is overall a really good phone, and all the other wannabe touch phones doesnt have the response technology as this. Also there is no video record app yet, unless you hack your phone.

AT&T Tilt - Another awesome phone, although it runs on windows mobile....its not as fast as the iphone but has 3g capability. It also has a 3.0 megapixel camera i believe, but it looks like crap personally. It has the ability to take video which the 3g iphone doesnt. has a querty slide and tilt keyboard, which is very nice, and also has the ability to sit upright on its own when your watching a video on youtube or whatever it may be....the phone is 2nd rate to the iphone personally.

LG Shine - I had one of these before I decided to but my first Iphone, its actually pretty nice....I like the simple fact that it has the mirror effect on the screen when the face turns off...in otherwords when your not using your phone it turns into a mirror. Its a slide phone, very nice, im not a big fan of the keys, I don't have fat fingers, but the keys are so close that when your texting you have to be super careful. It takes really nice pictures, the flash is ridiculously bright, and is an pretty sweet phone, i never tested the internet connectivity with that phone so cant tell you much.

If you don't care about touchscreen then look into the Blackjack. You can probably get it cheap since the Blackjack 2 has been released and the original is still a great phone. It's the phone given to me by my work and I really like it. Aside from the touchscreen thingy...it's an awesome phone.

Archived