Flywheel Thoughts

CelticRacer

i am looking for opinions on the following:

the Comp. Clutch 11 lb. Flywheel

and

the Fidenza 7 lb. Flywheel

i am going to be runing an exedy stage 1 clutch...

Fidanza

WHAT?!? your sol is an auto? damn dude that sux like no other...

you going to do a auto to man swap?

well i had too ones 5 speed and ones auto

But some a hole hit me on wednesday and its totaled and i almost died. so i couldnt get teh tranny out that how bad the car was. future plans for my auto sol is b16 and 5 speed swap when i hit 200k or if my tranny goes b4 that

well i had too ones 5 speed and ones auto

But some a hole hit me on wednesday and its totaled and i almost died. so i couldnt get teh tranny out that how bad the car was. future plans for my auto sol is b16 and 5 speed swap when i hit 200k or if my tranny goes b4 that

that sux, but better the car scrapped then you...

Fidanza is 7.5lbs.

Nothing bad about a light flywheel unless it is a cheap one.

well i heard it can be really bad for city driving, i havent driven with a lighter flywheel before so i dont know what to expect...

thanks for the link, i had read alot on it and thats what i seem to find is the rpm's jump quicker

my sol is my dd in the summer and i was wondering if it would make it hell to drive on the street? cuz i also hear that alot in what i have found on the subject...

http://hondaswap.com/general-tech-maintena...ny-input-94219/

I found this thread quite full of opinions. I'm planning a fidanza 7.5 lb flywheel and oem spec exedy clutch in my gsr swap.

Oh and this BMW site has a good write-up of "How a lightweight flywheel works"

http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/flywheel/how_...wheel_works.htm

maybe cant? if your looking at the exedy/flywheel kit like most people get its good

the car does rev a lot faster and it also falls a lot faster

my clutch is a little weird sometimes but its really not much different.. your not putting in a stage 3 clutch or anything so it wont be THAT different

i could get a vid of my car if you want so you can compare how mine revs to yours..or you might be able to find a vid on youtube or something

maybe cant? if your looking at the exedy/flywheel kit like most people get its good

the car does rev a lot faster and it also falls a lot faster

my clutch is a little weird sometimes but its really not much different.. your not putting in a stage 3 clutch or anything so it wont be THAT different

i could get a vid of my car if you want so you can compare how mine revs to yours..or you might be able to find a vid on youtube or something

a vid would be sweet... of the car that is... lol :p

Archived