rear disc

frostedflake

I'm in nashville. I could get you a full set of GSR brakes (front and rear) for $350 or just the rear for $225. You go to MTSU? You probably live in Murfreesboro. I'm near Hickory Hollow Mall. About 30 min. down I24.

sweet man! its probably going to be after Christmas before I am able to get them, but im definitely interested.

Does the rear come with e-brake cables too and brake lines?

Yea, I am in murfreesboro. living on campus.

Edited by frostedflake

The hose should be attached to the caliper. I don't know about the actual lines that go on the integra. They will probably not be included. And I don't know if you'll need them at all. I've not done a rear disc swap yet. I am planning one though. Also, I can't guarantee I will have them after xmas.

I've done it. I have it. Some custom work is in your future. There are nice step-by-step write-ups on HT covering this.

You will need to cut, bend and flare one of the hard lines under the hood as the connection for one line is opposite on the Teg vs the EG.

You will need new ebrake lines. Your drum lines will not connect and the teg line is a single wire where the civic line is a two wire.

$10 says the main trailing arm bushings on the teg arms will be damaged and will need replaced. Get a set from Energy Suspension for about $20. (They are a real pita to replace. A torch will be your friend)

The rear brake lines will not be long enough to reach the connector on the teg caliper.

Depending on the wheels you have you may need to shave some metal off of the back of the teg calipers in the front and/or the rear.

Make absolutely certain you get the teg proportioning valve. Without it your rear brakes will lock up before the front and throw your handling way off.

Buy flare nut wrenches. If you damage the hard lines you will really screw yourself.

While you have it completely torn apart parts to consider replacing or upgrading because you have it entirely dismantled: Rear Lower and Upper LCA's, Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Full Poly Bushing Sets, Steel Braided Lines, Coilovers/Shocks & Springs,

Thanks for the info guys! I am already about to drop a set of coilovers on it this month, their waiting at home. I probably won't get braided lines kuz I don't have the budget, I'll be doing good just getting the rear disc setup. I already asked honda about the proportioning vavle and they said that I didn't need to replace it because it is the exact same one as the SI with rear disc. I have really rusty brake lines so I will probably have to re flair the connection in the back by the tires.

no I have a DX coupe. I went to honda and had them look up part numbers and they are the exact same, so I don't know why I would need to change it.

Oh, and I do not have rear disc just to avoid any confusion. You need a 40/40 prop valve for the rear disc and that is what is in my car, it says it on the side.

The honda techs said if I had a car with abs than it would be a different story, but seeing as I don't than I am fine. If you have abs you have to get one off of a 96+ civic or integra.

Edited by frostedflake

well than you tell honda that their valves are wrong then. Because that is the numbers stamped into the side of the valve. I am aware that 40+40=80, Honda said that the only reason why I would need to get a new valve is if I had abs. then you have to get the newer si valve. :thumbsup:

I shall amend my previous statement to correctly reflect what you told me: You can use your original proportioning valve only if you install the rear brakes off of a Del Sol SI or Del Sol VTEC, or EG Civic SI. If you get your parts from an Integra you will need to use the proportioning valve from that vehicle. The Integra rear brakes are larger then the civic and require a different valve to work properly.

Although it may cost a little more since more parts are involved it should be much easier to find a brake swap from the Integra. Most models of Integra use exactly the same proportioning valve, master cylinder and booster; regardless of if it is an LS, GSR or whatever. Type R is excluded. So don't pay more for a "GSR" swap. I ran into a slimy parts guy here in Columbus that was jerking people around by pulling swaps from LS tegs in junkyards and charging a premium for a "GSR" swap because most people don't realize the parts were all the same.

Oh, I gotcha. that makes more sense. I really don't want to have to take off the prop valve because my car is from pennsylvania and the brake lines are so rusted up that I'm afraid that they will break. are you up in columbus? I'm going to be driving up that way tomorrow to visit my dad in new albany.

Far west side. Half the distance to Dayton. New Albany is a full hour away yet.

They shouldn't be too rusty. They might be a little oxidized though. There should be no problem removing them provided you have a flare-nut wrench.

Mine spent 13 years and 205k in Ohio and came apart with minimal problems. :wink:

Edited by Xeryon