88 crx climate controls

Currpt_God

so i just bought a 88 crx and the climate contorls were busted so i pulled it out and now i cant find one to put back in....

so does the controls out of a 88 - 91 civic work the same because i can find alot of them

o and the crx has AC

so i just bought a 88 crx and the climate contorls were busted so i pulled it out and now i cant find one to put back in....

so does the controls out of a 88 - 91 civic work the same because i can find alot of them

o and the crx has AC

It should fit, but I can't say that with any certainty.

Yes you should be able to fit a 88-91 civic control in there. Or you can do a 92-95 control conversion not too hard and doesn't look bad. (Color mismatch)

Here is a pic of what it looks like in my car

P4172841.jpg

One of the plugs needs to be rewired, not too difficult all the colors are the same except 2 if I remember correctly, should be able to google it. Then you have to cut one of the brackets for the adjustment cable and relocate it. And then mounting it just requires drilling two holes in the brace (under the stock control), and rigging a bracket to hold up the back.

Seriously not near as bad as it may sound, and now I still have full range of hot and cold/fan speed, and all buttons function. But most importantly it won't be as prone to breakage.

Archived