My 9/11 Montage

SolMusic

Hey guys, as I said in the random thought thread...I was making a video for a University project, in which I had to make a 3 minute video, which had to bring across a message of our choice, some people in my class did it on Rich Vs Poor, Femininity Vs Masculinity, Violence in computer games, and else. I did mine on 9/11, and how I think it's a big conspiracy, and was mainly a set up by the American government. I'm not posting this up to cause a mass debate on the issue, as I know everyone has their own views, but well, this is mine, and here is what I created. What does it say to you? And what are your thoughts on the matter? (I know some of you are probably sick of hearing about this dreadful day, but I thought I'd post it up on here, seeing as its a subject which affects Americans a lot more than it does us Brits.

Hope you enjoy. By the way, if you click on it, you can view it in widescreen/full screen, and it'll look much better!

WARNING - Video contains A LOT of flashing images, for those with epilepsy or any other similar conditions, I wouldn't advise watching this.

Thanks for watching :)

Also, this is the video in which we given as inspiration as to what we had to create.

Edited by SebSol

I can't say I was a huge fan of the music but other than that the video was good.

What was with the circles on the plane in the one image? I only ask out of curiosity as it went by fairly fast.

The video was fine just a little bit chaotic. Even if the image change was slowed down slightly it would be alot more viewable IMO. Pretty cool still though better than I'd be able to do Im sure.

The circles on the plane was an image pointing out possible devices (I.E bombs...), that were attached to one of the planes that flew in to the towers...

Yeah the vid is pretty chaotic, that's the kind of look I was going for though, as it was a pretty chaotic time, and I wanted to reflect this in the video. So its kind of a compliment that you said that in a way!

Thanks for your comments guys.

The video was fine just a little bit chaotic. Even if the image change was slowed down slightly it would be alot more viewable IMO. Pretty cool still though better than I'd be able to do Im sure.

+1

Image transitions are just a bit too fast. Apart from that, good job. :thumbsup:

Cos working in Hollywood is dreaming big...yeah it is a possibility, but I would be lucky to be snapped up by one of the big studios, as the competition is fierce out there I imagine.

Although I was talking yesterday with my girlfriend about how I wanna move abroad, say in about 5-10 years time. Mainly because I hate this country's weather, and how expensive it is. But when thinking about where to move, America would be the prime location, as in my industry as such (3D modeling/animation/film), LA is the place to be I guess. Working for someone like Pixar, Dreamworks, EA Games, is my big goal.

If I moved to other places I was thinking of, such as Australia, New Zealand, or somewhere in Europe such as Spain or Italy, the industry isn't half as big, and I wouldn't be able to do what I wanted to do.

You can do it! :D

U.S. is also good because it's English that you already know so you wouldn't have to learn other languages, like in Europe...

If you do choose to go to Hollywood, I would say have experience on your resume...have big projects that you have done, anywhere, because that's the biggest thing that cuts people, imo...

:)

Nice video, Pix flash by a little too quickly, you dont really get enough time to acknowledge the image before the next one is popping up. But all in all came out nice. Did u use adobe premier or after affects to make this video?

I used After Effects to make the vid, it gives a little more freedom I think in mixing imagery, and I have used it a fair bit in the past so felt a bit more confident in making it. Although it was a bit of a pain in the bit when I've got 130 layers/clips to sift through. Yeah I know what ya mean about not really having enough time to acknowledge what is going on, most of the pictures are ok, but you have to watch it a few times through to register all the images I think...like some have a lot more going on in them, where as some are just simple images of explosions, or images that you may have seen a 100 times before...

And Lina, yeah seeing as the USA speaks english, that would be one of the defining choices of making me go to the US rather than Europe, as I'm hopeless at learning other languages!