I took the dive

..SSR..

Just confirmed an order with MFactory for a large quantity of D series LSD's. I'll be testing it soon so they're about 10 weeks out give or take. Why do I feel the need to post this? Because I'm excited. Why am I excited? Because I am now the sole dealer anyone in North America will be able to get the MF D LSD from. Moving up towards my goal!

That is all.

I know. I'm going to jail.

What do you mean Z6's?

I believe you sold him on the benefits of a built Z6 transmission. He wants one judging by his posts from then. If only you could build me a Mitsu transmission. Close ratio 1-4 with a long 5th for highway driving.

Hit Shep up. He uses PPG gears for the DSM. I do not deal with PPG, however they make good stuff.

Getting a trans built by me is just a PM and email away for all you people with reliable cars. :p

Hit Shep up. He uses PPG gears for the DSM. I do not deal with PPG, however they make good stuff.

Getting a trans built by me is just a PM and email away for all you people with reliable cars. :p

Yea, somehow I think you're a bit cheaper.

Stage 1=$945 includes

* Shims for setting preload

* New Nylon Shifter Pad

* New End Nuts

* New Roll Pins

* New Intermediate Gear Bearings

* New Input Shaft Bearings

* New Drive Shaft Seals

* New 1-2-3-4 Synchro Springs

* New 5th Gear Synchro Rings

* New 3-4 Synchro Rings

* New 1-2 Hub/Sleeve kit with Double Synchro Rings

* New Shep Trans Spec 2nd Gear

* New 3-4 Fork

* New 1-2 Fork

Stage 2=$2495 includes all of the above plus a Quaife LSD.

Add $275 for a new intermediate shaft

Deduct $295 for a Kaaz instead of Quaife LSD

A wee bit. 2nd best helical LSD you can get.

Relative though as there are only 4 kinds you can get. One is a knockoff of Quaife. The other is a knockoff of the knockoff (and is not recommended for race use lmao).

You'll die trying to get me to work on a DSM trans. I'd have to have one first or have a very good friend who has one so I can work on one first. Thats why I'm not like a lot of shops that will work on anything even if they've never done it before. Plus I can't get gears for it unless you want to spend mucho deniro on custom MFactory gears.

You'll die trying to get me to work on a DSM trans. I'd have to have one first or have a very good friend who has one so I can work on one first. Thats why I'm not like a lot of shops that will work on anything even if they've never done it before. Plus I can't get gears for it unless you want to spend mucho deniro on custom MFactory gears.

Seriously...how hard can it be?

Probably not hard. I just won't do something for a customer that I'm not comfortable with yet. And the cost of custom gears would be about 3x what you can get a trans from Shep for.

Probably not hard. I just won't do something for a customer that I'm not comfortable with yet. And the cost of custom gears would be about 3x what you can get a trans from Shep for.

That much huh?

Archived