Alright guys (since it doesn't seem like any of the other girls on here game much, if at all)... I need some decent FPS game titles for the PS3 or PSP, as I need to get my sister's fiance one last Christmas present. Unfortunately, aside from the GTA series, he and I don't seem to play the same types of games... he is into the FPS and sports games but I think he has all of the recent sports titles that he plays (Madden, etc). He has yet to get COD5, but I believe my sister is picking that one up for him.

gears of war or resistance fall of man are good choices.

gears of war looks to be xbox exclusive?

i want to say that he has/had resistance fall of man, since i know that title was huge when the ps3 was released. of course, i took a look and can't find it so either he didn't have it, or he loaned it out to someone at some point.

so, i found that resistance 2 came out last month. it would be much easier if i could find FOM, so then i'd know if he would actually like it or not. i know he likes the COD titles, Socom, etc. :laugh:

http://www.amazon.com/Resistance-2-Playsta...3583&sr=1-2

Resistance or Fallout3 gets my vote. Or Metal Gear Solid, its not FPS'er but I doubt any shooter fan would not appreciate a Metal Gear game, especially the newest entry. Thats about all I can recommend other than COD:WAW if he isn't getting that as you said.

Buy him an Xbox 360 :thumbsup:

No.

Fallout 3. It's not a full FPS, but it's pretty kickass from everything I've heard.

I took a look at that one the other day, put it in the running after reading a few quick reviews.

I'll take a look at BioShock. I know he's into the "war" FPS games, not sure if the entire genre is included. I considered Metal Gear Solid as well, but that was another that I wasn't sure if he owned already or not. It would be much easier if all of his games were at his house, but I could only find 10-15 of them and there are some titles I remember him having that weren't there when I checked.

I'd say Left 4 Dead. A couple of my housemates have been playing, and claim it to be pretty kick ass. I've seen a bit of it, and yeah, it does look damn good.

Doesn't look to be on the PS3.

Anyway, I ended up ordering EndWar on Amazon, which comes with Rainbow Six: Vegas free. I'm not sure what he'll think of EndWar, but the other seems to be an FPS from the reviews lol. His birthday is the day after Christmas, so right now I'm thinking I'll just pick up the GTA PSP games to give him for that, since he plays that at work and only has a few games for it right now.

Endwar looks pretty coold and RSV was a pretty popular FPSer.

Yeah, I know RSV is an older title (2007, I believe), but I know he doesn't have that one (or EndWar, which is pretty new) so it being included (for free lol) works for me.

end war is a strategy game.. it's pretty cool but it's not an FPS... it's real time strategy. make sure he has a microphone for it though. the thing that makes the game really cool is that you can use your microphone to order your troops around and to attack specific targets and whatnot.

end war is a strategy game.. it's pretty cool but it's not an FPS... it's real time strategy. make sure he has a microphone for it though. the thing that makes the game really cool is that you can use your microphone to order your troops around and to attack specific targets and whatnot.

Never claimed EndWar was an FPS (I've read up enough to know that it's an RTS). He does have a bluetooth that he uses with his other games, so he'll be able to use the voice activated controls.

Archived