i need help on a engine swap

zachary.guy.jordan

why post again? seriously , go hang your head somewheres and be lucky you still have followers. cause your brain is damaged somehow. still talking about D series running 10's. please give us all a break from the bullcrap.

Here's a 97 civic running a 10.0 second 1/4 and a brief list of mods.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Honda-Civic-Timeslip-16647.html

He's making 550whp with a B18B on 27psi with elf gas. Plus he has some trans work.

You may be asking yourself ..."what the hell is elf gas?" ...I know I did.

What's in Elf racing fuel that is not in pump fuel?

To begin the crude oil and base petrol available in Europe is of far higher quality than what is available in Australia.

The best quality base petrol is made available to the refining team at Elf in France, then during the refining process which takes up to three times longer than producing pump fuel, Aromatics, Oxygen, DIPE, MTBE and Olefins are blended with the fuel.

These components are no secret, a majority of the marketing material for Elf racing fuels discloses this information.

Aromatics

Aromatics are fuel molecules that contain at least one beneze ring; common Aromatics include benzene, toluene and xylene.

The FIA sets very strict limits on benzene and aromatic content, Elf racing fuels are produced to the latest FIA and environmental standards. The European regulations for fuels are far more stringent than in Australia.

Fuel with Aromatic content can increase engine deposits and increase tail pipe including toxic benzene emissions.

Research has found benzene to be a carcinogen (cancer causing) therefore the FIA and the Australian Government alike are pushing for a reduction of the use of benzene as an additive in racing fuel.

MTBE and DIPE

Elf racing fuels do use MTBE and DIPE to increase octane and oxygen during the refining process.

Olefins

Olefins in the atmosphere contribute to the ground level ozone formation (smog). While obviously a reduction in smog should be paramount for all corporations, a 2005 government research paper into the racing fuel industry and its impact on the environment found that both leaded and unleaded racing fuel account for 0.3% of the total petrol consumed within Australia annually.

As per MTBE and DIPE the FIA are strict in regards to the content levels of Olefins in racing fuels.

are you fuking kidding me? the car says he wants a fast street car. dont yas read the posts. and that car is not a D series. and even if it was , thats prolly an 80,000 dollar car said and done. its a full out race car for jesus sakes. cmon people , wake up. for SSR to say , oh boost your D series it will run 10's is the stupidest fukin thing i ever heard. even with a big budget , 10 second 1/4 with a D series in a STREET car is a rediculous notion.

Not really. sleeve, 77mm, pistons, rods, studs, headwork, cam, manifold, full-race kit, aem ems, lsd, 4.7 fd, slicks, race gas = 10's. Still a street car. Not even close to 80k. Probably around 20k retail including the car. I said it wouldn't be cheap.

I wasn't implying this guy should do any of that stuff to his car. I was just showing an example of what it takes to get to the point of a 10sec car since the subject was brought up.

Archived