i need help on a engine swap

zachary.guy.jordan

okay guys i need some help i have a bascially stock d16 series with some bolt ons nothing serious i want to swap out for a gsr i know i will need stage two axels and i will need a new tranny but for my computer someone told me that i can remap it rather then pulling everything out and replacing it and is there anyway to save my heater and other creature comforts in the car im on a tight budget at the time but i want to pick up this gsr block and b16 head give me some answers if you can :thumbsup:

you dont need stage 2 axels, idk what they tbh. you just need stock b-series axels, motor mount, and engine wire harness would be ideal along with a p72 ecu. but you can always use your existing engine harness and add knock sensor, and the butterflys(forget the actual name..) and if you dont get a p72 you can have your p28 chipped and a basemap installed on it...but for the cost of that itll be cheaper to find yourself a p72 ecu...oh yea you need a B-series trans(not a prelude one.)

alright so should i take this guys gsr block and b16 head and build off that or should i just wait

as long as everything is in good shape. and get the p30 ecu instead of the p72. i thought it was originally a gsr engine.

okay guys i need some help i have a bascially stock d16 series with some bolt ons nothing serious i want to swap out for a gsr i know i will need stage two axels and i will need a new tranny but for my computer someone told me that i can remap it rather then pulling everything out and replacing it and is there anyway to save my heater and other creature comforts in the car im on a tight budget at the time but i want to pick up this gsr block and b16 head give me some answers if you can :thumbsup:

stock 94-01 integra axles (as stated).

replacing an ecu is easier than having it chipped. Plus you can always sell it for what you paid if you just look for a deal. I paid $125 I think for my obd1 (95-95) P72 (GSR) ecu. And if you're running a b16 head, you need the ecu for that.

The heater core will not be effected. You will still have heat. A/C could be another story. You may need a specific ac bracket (del sol).

butterfly things = iab's (intake air butterflies)

But they are not found on the b16 intake manifold so...one less thing to wire!

You're going to need to get it tuned no matter what ECU you use. B16 head never came on a GSR block so there is not ECU that will run it correctly. You'd be better off putting the money into the D16. For the same amount of money you'll have into the swap the D will light it up.

Yes, the Edelbrock kit is safe for a stock engine that runs good. It is a true bolt on kit with no tuning needed (unless you get the race version).

really? do they make something like this for the b-series? and approx how much hp increase?

fill me in the website says this at the bottom of the page

1996-98 model year Civics running #1500 turbo kit require the use of a MAP sensor voltage clamp #15022 for proper MAP sensor operation. This is not supplied with the kit but is available through our technical department.

mine is a 97

either way you go swap or turbo it would be a fun experience... i'm a hugh sohc guy but i do build and swap b,k,h,f, and c series engines. what are you looking for as far as power.. what do you want the car to do...drag...autocross...street car...etc. I think if i read your post right you have a 96 and newer civic. if so a gsr swap or gsr block and b16 head would be a pretty straight forward swap.. just get all the parts needed like the axles, shift linkage, ecu..etc. the ecu i suggest you get would be the p72 if you don't plan on getting hondata or some form of management.. why not invest that money in sohc.... let me know what you plan on doing as far as expectations

either way you go swap or turbo it would be a fun experience... i'm a hugh sohc guy but i do build and swap b,k,h,f, and c series engines. what are you looking for as far as power.. what do you want the car to do...drag...autocross...street car...etc. I think if i read your post right you have a 96 and newer civic. if so a gsr swap or gsr block and b16 head would be a pretty straight forward swap.. just get all the parts needed like the axles, shift linkage, ecu..etc. the ecu i suggest you get would be the p72 if you don't plan on getting hondata or some form of management.. why not invest that money in sohc.... let me know what you plan on doing as far as expectations

dude if you want to help me that would be great man i need all the help i can get if you think that this sohc will work i want a street legal car i can take to the drag strip on the weekends and still get some good pass times

dude if you want to help me that would be great man i need all the help i can get if you think that this sohc will work i want a street legal car i can take to the drag strip on the weekends and still get some good pass times

How fast are you expecting the car to go? What type of fuel do you have as far as pump fuel?

• 2 weeks later...
i just want it to be a fast street car i just want it to be as fast as possible and still street legal and i can get my hands on some 100 octane fuel

You won't be daily driving on 100 octane...it's a waste of money.

10's? SSR , please shut the fuk up with your bullcrap. 10's , gimme a fukin break. i cant beleve anyone even still listens to you , like seriously.

guys running 600 horse built K engines in EG hatchs run 10's. changs 800 whp rsx ran a 10.2. i wish i lived in your fantasy world.

Archived