A question

jdmdonk

Has anyone ever put a d16 head on a low compression motor like the d15 and worked i want to buy a civic but havent decided if i want the sohc d16 or bu the d15 and put a d16 head on it just need to kno if it can be done

its not that hard if you know what your doing and what to look for, but if you have never torn down a motor this probably is not for you. its a lot of work to go through when you can just get a jap spec d16 for like 650. plus you will spend about 400 on parts to do the mini-me swap on an older motor. In my eyes getting the d16 for 250 more is well worth it.

its not that hard if you know what your doing and what to look for, but if you have never torn down a motor this probably is not for you. its a lot of work to go through when you can just get a jap spec d16 for like 650. plus you will spend about 400 on parts to do the mini-me swap on an older motor. In my eyes getting the d16 for 250 more is well worth it.

But would the low compression d15 work better with a turbo?

if you want to turbo a honda, than the d series is not for you. the weak link in the d is its rods, they are only good for around 250HP before they are bent like toothpicks. if you want to turbo you would be smart to go with a b16 or b18, mildly built, and you will have a nice little beast under the hood :D

You can build a D16 for less than you can a B.

exactly...i dont understand the statements about how they suck...you can get a set of good rods for a D-series for like $300 less if tuner toys has em in stock.

plus 250whp is plenty for a DD

if you want to turbo a honda, than the d series is not for you. the weak link in the d is its rods, they are only good for around 250HP before they are bent like toothpicks. if you want to turbo you would be smart to go with a b16 or b18, mildly built, and you will have a nice little beast under the hood :D

I do agree though if you want to do a small turbo project just do a D-series. If built right it will be faster and possibly cheaper than a decent NA b16 or h22 build.

me obviously.

*Shrugs* I like the look of my b16 alot more than my old d16 lol.

Archived