Exhaust Question

CelticRacer

honestly you're better off getting a quality muffler and having an exhaust shop custom make you one. itll be cheaper.

i checked into that... the only reputable shop wants $400 for a custom exhaust. add another $200 for the muffler and i spent more then the cat backs i listed...

my question is, which of the 3 listed is better? i know there isnt much difference but i am looking for view points on what system would be better and why...

Among the three I'd probably go with either the Skunk2 or the Tanabe. I've only ever dealt with the Super Medallion and I've only heard the Skunk2 online, but they both have good deep sound- not too ricey. I'd prolly go with the SM.

Have you looked into Apexi? I'll prolly be getting the WS2 when I get around to it.

I have an S2 on my crx, it sounds good and decent perf, however, it is a little loud for my taste. Everyone around here compliments me on it . If loudness is of concern then look into the RS*R ExMag.

I have an S2 on my crx, it sounds good and decent perf, however, it is a little loud for my taste. Everyone around here compliments me on it . If loudness is of concern then look into the RS*R ExMag.

The Hyper Medalion is quiet, have it on my Sol and have no complaints. The Prelude will either be getting the ExMag or the Hyper Medalion as well depending on which is more available when I decide I'm ready to pick one up.

I have a Skunk2 system on my car and hear it's loud-but-nice tone all the time. If you like the deep tone that's also loud, go for that. I also get to hear the Tanabe SMH pretty regularly and have to say I prefer my tone but the much quieter volume of the Tanabe. I will prolly be eventually replacing my S2 because of this, in fact. So if you want a slightly less deep (but still ballsy sounding for sure) tone that's way quieter go for that.

I had a megan racing muffler on the stock exhaust of my old del sol. I thought it actually sounded worse than when I had Kegger's old rex with nothing but straight piping and no muffler at all...

To each his own, I guess...

i am more concerned with performance the being quiet, the tanabe has a really restrictive resonator (almost a 2nd muffler) which is good for being quiet...

where as the s2 and bc dont have a big resonator...

thats why i was leaning more towards s2 or bc...

I got a skunk2 on my del sol right now and I like the sound of it. Its not to ridiculous on cruising or idleing and sounds good when you get on it perfect for an exhaust for me IMO.

the tanabe touring sounds very much like my car (axelback with magnaflow universal glasspack). the exhaust is just a little louder than the motor with a short ram at wot, although the sound is more distinct. it's a tiny bit louder than stock when cruising, and at only $150 for the muffler + labor + basic chrome tip (good quality work and only a 20 min. wait) i'm very satisfied.

the tanabe touring sounds very much like my car (axelback with magnaflow universal glasspack). the exhaust is just a little louder than the motor with a short ram at wot, although the sound is more distinct. it's a tiny bit louder than stock when cruising, and at only $150 for the muffler + labor + basic chrome tip (good quality work and only a 20 min. wait) i'm very satisfied.

I'm gonna say no it doesn't. Glasspacks sound like ass, on 4 cylinder vehicles.

no, glasspacks make you sound like a muscle car... not!

:D

Yeah they do, all you have to do is cram a V8 into the engine bay when you install the glasspack.

Yeah they do, all you have to do is cram a V8 into the engine bay when you install the glasspack.

and then you could put some tassles on the mirrors and training wheels on the back so everone will know your retarded... >_<

Archived