air condition stopped working - 01 accord

zoltron30

hey guys i have a 01 honda accord DX and the air conditioner stopped working. it works on level 3 and 4 but not 1 and 2.

i used to notice an odd sound when i pressed on the button to have the air conditioner circulate around my car.

anyone have any ideas?

how can a accord have sooo many problems? sheesh...

hey guys i have a 01 honda accord DX and the air conditioner stopped working. it works on level 3 and 4 but not 1 and 2.

i used to notice an odd sound when i pressed on the button to have the air conditioner circulate around my car.

anyone have any ideas?

how can a accord have sooo many problems? sheesh...

I assume you are talking about the "fan speed." If it is working on some levels and not others, it is usually the resistor that has failed. I am not sure if your car has a transducer or a resistor, but the funtion is the same. Fan speed is restricted at certain levels and the circuit is open to 12v at high. It will most likely be a dealer only part, but either way they are generally affordable and can be replaced with minimal mechanical skills. If your question is that with the A/C on the fan only works at level 3 and 4 that is a different situation.

• 2 weeks later...
Just wanted to add this to the mix, but since new, on my 2000 accord, the fan speed seems to drop when the car is slowing down then pick up again after the car comes to a stop. Wierd, don't know what causes it.

Only noticeable on high? It's due to voltage. When the engine speed slows, the voltage being given by the alternator drops. Once you're on the throttle again, the voltage returns to normal. It has happened on EVERY car that I've owned.

Only noticeable on high? It's due to voltage. When the engine speed slows, the voltage being given by the alternator drops. Once you're on the throttle again, the voltage returns to normal. It has happened on EVERY car that I've owned.

Actually it's more noticeable on the low fan speed settings. Like on level 1, it will almost turn off. But when the car is stopped the speed comes back, so it's doing it without any increase in throttle and the brake lights are still on. This is the only car I've owned where this has happened.

I'm wondering if the fan is moving under braking and rubbing on something. Is that possible???????

Archived