O2 Sensor

hiemsnox

so i bought a new O2 sensor cause my gas was starting to go down to like 25 from 30, and i'm pretty sure its the original one from the factory... either way when i was trying to get it out.. it broke on me... so instead of trying to get its drilled out i just bought a very cheap pair of egay headers... woot? lol... its $57 after shipping...

yea when i originally replaced mine a few years ago on the stock mani i had to heat the mani up to get it out...and later replaced one with an ebay header, had very good results with it!

Same thing here, although where it broke off I was still able to get a pipe wrench onto what remained and was able to twist it off. At the time didn't think abut using it as an excuse to buy a header.... damn!

so i bought a new O2 sensor cause my gas was starting to go down to like 25 from 30, and i'm pretty sure its the original one from the factory... either way when i was trying to get it out.. it broke on me... so instead of trying to get its drilled out i just bought a very cheap pair of egay headers... woot? lol... its $57 after shipping...

i hope you didn't actually buy two. but then again i do lol, because for $57 you got a steal. could you post a pic of the ebay header? i've seen some good and some bad.

i hope you didn't actually buy two. but then again i do lol, because for $57 you got a steal. could you post a pic of the ebay header? i've seen some good and some bad.

it basically looks like this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stainless-S...1QQcmdZViewItem

they are all the same... i basically wasnt looking for performance... just something i can replace my old with

no matter who u buy from their pics all look the same... i just went for the cheapest price/shipping final lol

that looks about the one i got... but two things

1- the metal is going to turn different colors.. it will NOT stay pretty.. so if you want pretty buy some header wrap

2-the gasket between the header and downpipe part(the two hole one) will probably blow after about 6 months.. i know a lot of people its happened to(including me haha) and it took me like 2-3 weeks to get one ordered cause every where was outta stock so when i found them i bought two so i have an extra one for when it blows again

that looks about the one i got... but two things

1- the metal is going to turn different colors.. it will NOT stay pretty.. so if you want pretty buy some header wrap

2-the gasket between the header and downpipe part(the two hole one) will probably blow after about 6 months.. i know a lot of people its happened to(including me haha) and it took me like 2-3 weeks to get one ordered cause every where was outta stock so when i found them i bought two so i have an extra one for when it blows again

where can i get wrap?

and where did u order new gaskets?

but it doesnt stay pretty.. it kinda goes one color on one part and another on one i dont think it looks very pretty

but you can get header wrap from any part store(autozone, advance, etc)

and i ordered my gasket from o'reileys, i know a guy there and he had to call around to a bunch of places to find some cause everyone was out.. make sure they dont try to order you a header gasket cause it'll be the big one.. i think the proper name for the small one is the collecter gasket? maybe?

well i got the headers in yesterday and started installing them... so many rusted bolts!!!! but after some cranking, prying, hammering, and cutting, i was able to get everything off and now i have the headers and the down pipe installed... i just need to pick up a set of the bolts that connect the down pipe to the cat...(those are the ones we had to cut off)

btw we tested its 'loudness' with no headers and with headers and down pipe... thats really loud lol!

hopefully tonight i can get it put back together and do something with that heavy cast iron metal.

Archived