92 Hatch LS/VTEC need some ideas!!!!

slave2speed

OK...i have a 92 si with a LS/VTEC full suspension, rims, toyo slicks, NO interior completly stripped out two bucket seats a roll cage and a dash are all that remain and the battery which i moved into the back, oh i almost forgot a bottle of NOS.......sometimes (canadian police are pricks) i'm geting a lip kit and door pillar guages, and i wanna keep it looking stock once again canadian police are pricks.....i dont wanna draw any attention to myself so i have a nice quiet exhaust and aside from the rims and lip kit its gonna look bone stock, but i need ideas on performance mods ??? obviously air intake thats the only cheap thing that i can think of, its a BRAND NEW ENGINE its just been built never even started yet so i wont be hookin up the nos right away...anyone have any ideas on some easy bang for the buck mods?

And which trans are you using? If it's an LS, then that should be your next "mod". Get a b16 or gsr trans, or if you wanna spend the cash, get one with an lsd like an ITR trans or something.

And which trans are you using? If it's an LS, then that should be your next "mod". Get a b16 or gsr trans, or if you wanna spend the cash, get one with an lsd like an ITR trans or something.

i'm building the intake myself and i already have a gsr transmission, and freshly machined ported and polished type R heads that cost a nice chunk of change!! i know there is some other ways of easily building horsepower and torque, maybe ignition or a chip but i dont know what type of mod to do that will be easy and quick to do, i'm hoping someone here will know the best ways to easily make HP, i'm expecting the engine to be putting out (Hopefully) 200 horsepower to the wheels when i am done, anything over and above that is just gravy. the ls/vtec that my friend built produced 186.7 HP and around 145 or so lbs of torque N/A. on a chassis dyno. so i know its possible to get over 200 hp.

I'm confused. The engine was just built, yet it doesn't have an intake and it sounds like its on a stock ECU...

i am with you. i think he is planning on running a stock ECU, which will not work my friend.

first of all let me clear a couple things up....#1 the engine is still being built its not that it doesnt have an intake its that i havn't built one for it yet #2 i have already swapped out the ECU and upgraded the injectors as well, i probably should have mentioned that earlier i also already have type R cams and pistons, i am just wondering if there is any little things i am forgetting or if anyone has some tried and tested ideas that i havnt already done.

Archived