Craigslist

Kastigir

Been attempting to use craigslist to sell a couple of items that have no home here. What has been your success doing so? I've gotten a few emails. One guy even sent several messages, but when the time came to pony up the money...nothing. It's good that it's free unlike eBay, but I really don't want to deal with all of the apparent flakes that are out there.

The majority of people on CL are flakes. It is what happens when there are no restrictions to the people using the service. EBay at least requires a sign up and contractual commitments. CL is not much different then a classified post, but with a classified the flakes need to have the foresight to buy a newspaper in the first place, which filters out a lot of the biggest losers.

Just keep recycling the listings and eventually you will get a buyer.

BTW, what items are you selling anyway?

I would say eBay would be a much better route for those items. They are very specific and selling though Cincy CL is a very narrow band to market to.

It is an excellent way to move more generic items like: furniture, building materials and cars. It completely sucks for things like electronics (since they are about 90% stolen anyway) and to a lesser extent everything else listed on there.

I had good luck selling my VW bus, guy came all the way from Kentucky to get it. He left in the wee hours of the morning lol.

You do have to relist if you want any success, just like bumping on a highly populated forum. After a reasonable amount of time if it doesn't sell, I'd go the ebay route.

found my crx off of CL, found alot of used compy parts, did manage to snag a ipod 80gb for $100 like new condition. sold alot of my integra parts there.. hmmm CL is more of a local thing, mostly transactions are done mostly in person cash only :thumbsup: which is good, because you can check it out before you buy it.. so in a way its better then ebay, also got a job from the classified section, they even have hookers!

found my crx off of CL, found alot of used compy parts, did manage to snag a ipod 80gb for $100 like new condition. sold alot of my integra parts there.. hmmm CL is more of a local thing, mostly transactions are done mostly in person cash only :thumbsup: which is good, because you can check it out before you buy it.. so in a way its better then ebay, also got a job from the classified section, they even have hookers!

You live in the area where it was founded, so it's much more popular there. For those of us who live in more remote areas, it's not as useful. I'm well accustomed to having to travel to get things, if need be, but Craigslist has no concept of such a thing. They could easily add a more advanced search feature that would allow you to select multiple areas to search and/or a distance calculator. Aside from that, it could use a cleaner look, not the 1996 look. Lastly, people who post ads there should be required to respond. Soooooo.... all in all, it's a waste of time to individually search various areas, look at that eyesore, and in the end have people not bother responding to your contact attempts. I'll pass.

im looking for a civic ex would i have any luck on grags list? any help? e mail me or send a message..... fastlainracing@yahoo.com

As much luck as you can have on Craigslist.

Just FYI, 1st time I listed both of these items, I got some hits but no follow-up after initial interest. This time...nada.

You live in the area where it was founded, so it's much more popular there. For those of us who live in more remote areas, it's not as useful. I'm well accustomed to having to travel to get things, if need be, but Craigslist has no concept of such a thing. They could easily add a more advanced search feature that would allow you to select multiple areas to search and/or a distance calculator. Aside from that, it could use a cleaner look, not the 1996 look. Lastly, people who post ads there should be required to respond. Soooooo.... all in all, it's a waste of time to individually search various areas, look at that eyesore, and in the end have people not bother responding to your contact attempts. I'll pass.

The region thing is a big problem for most. I would like to flag several areas to search at once instead of one at a time. When I lived right in Columbus it was simple. Now I live squarely between Dayton, Cincinnati and Columbus and I have to search three places. I have more options but have to spend a lot more time searching. Apparently Cincinnati and Columbus were charter regions once CL expanded outside of Cali because it is much more developed here then in other places.

Archived