Official HF Random Thought Thread

CRG7

Where I live isn't really "backwoods"..

Somehow I've been stuck with a tone of voice that I don't particularly like. Closest thing to "southern" they do around here is mudbogging.. I guess..you could call it that.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my mom lived in atlanta for a few months, but moved back to this area because she didn't want my brother to have a southern accent. the "house" is now part of one of the landing strips at the airport.

Mine isn't so much an accent as it is the tone of my voice. I've been told that a number of times by people from out of town I meet while I'm at work. Couple of kids from Boston..couple of kids from North Dakota.. Buncha' college kids I encounter have different accents.

Male prostitute. It's not so much an interview as a "try-out".

thats insulting.

I dont have to try out anything, i have quite the reputation and Im able to charge top dollar! you silly noob.

remember that guy i stabbed, he was actually encroaching on my turf, i had to make an example outta him. :p

j/k

Im interviewing with ambulance companies as a driver since i went and got my license friday morning

Amazon destroys my credit cards and/or bank account.

it's okay. Paypal charged my checking account twice, and overdrafted almost 200 bucks, along with a 70 overdraft fee. Fraud department at the bank should be contacting me within the next few days. They better, I have Christmas gifts I need to buy online :crazy:

Florida is not the South lol.

I've picked up a bit of a southern accent. My friends here make fun of me for sounding like a yankee and my friends in Michigan and Ohio make fun of me for sounding like a hick. People around here I have never talked to before don't believe that I live here.

Then again I strive to not pickup the accent.

it's okay. Paypal charged my checking account twice, and overdrafted almost 200 bucks, along with a 70 overdraft fee. Fraud department at the bank should be contacting me within the next few days. They better, I have Christmas gifts I need to buy online :crazy:

My PayPal debit card number was stolen. Second time it's happened with that card, so it's the second time I had to cancel it and the third card I've had through them. This one is ugliest of all of them. Had some shady place charge $150 to the card, which tried pulling the funds from the checking account that's linked to the account... which is my bill-paying account, so after the bills come out of it, I only leave $10-20 in there... so I got an overdraft fee on top of it. Fortunately, PayPal cleared it up within the 10 days for me, so that I wasn't dealing with it until the end of the month.

^work on regular people's cars? like change their oil for cheaper? idk...

id do that but thats a summer kind of thing so im hopin for a shop for now, i wanna charge like 30-40 for detailing this summer thought

id do that but thats a summer kind of thing so im hopin for a shop for now, i wanna charge like 30-40 for detailing this summer thought

What do you consider "detailing". Washing and waxing a car isn't detailing and doing any more than that for 30-40 and you aren't gonna make much more than minimum wage.

whats all included and how much should i charge?, my idea is engine bay, ext. int. all cleaned up

Depends on your skill level. Offering defect removal (i.e. oxidation, swirls, scratches, etc...) is going to get you more business and more money per detail. However, if you don't know what you are doing, you'll just run in circles trying to do stuff you can't.

To put it in prespective. A full detail that I might do will include wash, clay, 1-3 steps worth of compounding polishing, sealant and interior and I'd charge between 200-250 for a midsize car. It would be about an 8 hour detail and engine bay is extra.

Then I might offer a package for 125-150 for midsize that is the same as above with only a single polshing step.....removes all of the fine swirls but leaves the heavier ones. Still cleans it up nice, but not perfect....this is suitable for a lot of people. This detail would take me about 3-4 hours.

Then you might offer nothing more than a wash and wax + interior which some people want. I'd charge about 75 for that on a midsize car and it would take me about 2 hours. Engine bay is extra.

Those are just my rough prices. If I come across a car that is going to take 2 hours on clay alone, I'd throw another 50 bucks on the price and explain to the customer why. I might even do a test spot so they can feel the difference with their own (back) of their hand.

For you, offering wash and wax services may be all you want to do. If you get into full details you'd have to expect to drop about 400-500 in supplies before ever starting and you'd want to do a good 3-4 cars (family or friends) to learn before charging.

I spent 2 hours cleaning my interior last night. Vacuumed everything, cleaned/conditioned the seats with Zymol, then put a coat of wax on the wood trim to keep it looking nice.

Archived