The off topic general discussion thread

Tubbith

Sorry for comparing to thousands, I sincerely apologize. :crazy:

Of course mods can't be warned, it was a wise-a$$ statement.

I was referring to you saying Mike was crying about what happened. Whoring in serious threads was complained about, he and his followers took it to OFF TOPIC DISCUSSION. It was closed there as well.

I believe I can assume what I want :thumbsup:

Mike's last thread was simply that... crying/whining/complaining (choose your favorite) over the fact that the first thread was deleted and the second was locked. You fail to realize that no one forced Mike to leave, he did so by his own choice. Anyone who has been here for years will tell you that people that want to the rules to be altered come in waves. They stick around for a while, then complain when something doesn't go their way, and end up leaving. It's surprising that Mike turned out to be one of those people, but that's part of the life cycle of a forum. As though the drama from those incidents isn't quite enough, there is always a group of "followers" that decides that for days, weeks, months, they're going to blame the forum (especially the mods, because everything is our fault after all) for that person choosing to leave. It's nothing that we haven't seen before.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mike's last thread was simply that... crying/whining/complaining (choose your favorite) over the fact that the first thread was deleted and the second was locked. You fail to realize that no one forced Mike to leave, he did so by his own choice. Anyone who has been here for years will tell you that people that want to the rules to be altered come in waves. They stick around for a while, then complain when something doesn't go their way, and end up leaving. It's surprising that Mike turned out to be one of those people, but that's part of the life cycle of a forum. As though the drama from those incidents isn't quite enough, there is always a group of "followers" that decides that for days, weeks, months, they're going to blame the forum (especially the mods, because everything is our fault after all) for that person choosing to leave. It's nothing that we haven't seen before.

I'm fairly certain that I'll get blamed for this one Ash. It's ok...I can take one for the team.

The rules are fair, and they were broken by Pearce and his spam buddies. If you think what I've said about Dwayne is flaming, then the internet is not going to be the place for you. Anything I've said to or about Dwayne is mild as to what is typically considered a flame. Like Ash said, I'm at a 20% warn level, so don't think I go through this site unpunished, I just don't whine about it like others. I'm glad you like this site, and if you can be a contributing member, see no reason why you shouldn't stay. But if you expect the rules to be changed for the few, you have a skewed perception as to what works in normal society.

well i am glad you have a warn, though i doubt it was for flaming.

obviously the internet is the place for you, as you've been here forever! :laugh: I have no problem with you other than that I feel you flame on Dwayne and some of the newbs a little much. i do like the site, intend on staying, and really i have had no problems with you personally! it's just Dwayne is a friend of mine, and I don't like people treating people like that, internet or not!

and for the record, in normal society, you don't say shiiit like that every five seconds around someone! where i come from we fight people like that, and not in text format!

People can only see his/her own warn level (Moderators and Admins see everyone's warn level), so unless someone publicly announces that he/she was warned, no one has any idea other than the staff and the member.

HF doesn't have membership fees...

he has a 20%, surprised the hell out of me.

i thought you could pay and get a few features? it was late and i thought i saw something leading to that.

he has a 20%, surprised the hell out of me.

i thought you could pay and get a few features? it was late and i thought i saw something leading to that.

Yeah, some members get warned and publicly complain about it while others get warned and keep quiet about it.

No, HF doesn't currently have paid subscription options. It was recently mentioned in discussion, but it is not something that is in place.

I'm fairly certain that I'll get blamed for this one Ash. It's ok...I can take one for the team.

I will end my rant by saying that I have more of a life than to be fighting on here! I enjoy the place and am done with this lil thread! Mike and I are friends either way, and will continue to be so whether he can stand to be on this forum or not.

Sorry if you consider what I have done as whining! I liked having Mike on here and was upset that he left! Yes he choose so for good reasons I believe! Enjoy the forums! I am done here like I said, reply if you wish!

I will end my rant by saying that I have more of a life than to be fighting on here! I enjoy the place and am done with this lil thread! Mike and I are friends either way, and will continue to be so whether he can stand to be on this forum or not.

Sorry if you consider what I have done as whining! I liked having Mike on here and was upset that he left! Yes he choose so for good reasons I believe! Enjoy the forums! I am done here like I said, reply if you wish!

You whined about his whining, and the fact that you aren't allowed to just post whore non-stop, other than that you're fine. If he feels their good reasons, then so be it. I think it was rather childish myself.

am done with this lil thread!

Keep in mind, this is my solution to randomness.. so use it for your GD purposes.

With that in mind, im sick of paying for cable tv and having absolutely nothing on it... EVER.

I've gotta say three things:

1) Dwayne has taken all flames like a champ so he's OK in my book.

2) Too much discussion has been made over one thread being closed. So what? Move on. Continue discussion elsewhere. Just don't post if you're not going to say something worthwhile.

3) Gummi bears and movies FTW!

Since this is split between discussion of Mike's departure, and random thoughts:

Discuss Mike's departure/rules of the forum when it comes to pw'ing: http://www.hondaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=32086

Random thoughts: http://www.hondaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=32098

Archived