The off topic general discussion thread

Tubbith

Don't feel bad..I got the biggest BS award of them all for last year.

RE-PEAT, RE-PEAT, RE-PEAT, RE-PEAT!!!!

I've also tried to tone back my posting. I used to have at least 30 a day. I've tried to tone it back to 10-20 at most. When I'm on here 12 hours a day, that's hard to do. >_<

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RE-PEAT, RE-PEAT, RE-PEAT, RE-PEAT!!!!

I've also tried to tone back my posting. I used to have at least 30 a day. I've tried to tone it back to 10-20 at most. When I'm on here 12 hours a day, that's hard to do. >_<

There is a difference between posting, and posting simply cause you have fingers. You do the former, the whores the latter.

Gummi Bears were buy one get one free at the store today, wooooot!!!

Ummm...this is kinda what they're talking about.

Mike decided it was his time to leave HF.

Actually, Mike decided since he wasn't going to be able to play by *his* rules, he would take his toys and go home.

what happened to mike anyway?

and i know i havent been around but what happened? what it is up with all this post whore discussion and rick being in post whore rehab?

Mike cried himself away from HF after being hurt by the fact that this isn't SS and never will be. (Refer to: http://www.hondaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=32086)

What happened: Mike created a "post whore" thread which was 10 pages of people posting for no reason at all, simply blatant whoring (as the thread title would suggest). When he and other noobs found at that excessive post whoring is not allowed here on HF, they started to cry about how that's not fair. They fail to understand that it's not fair to the long time users of HF and those who may be new/newer, who are not complete pw's, for them to post like they have never interacted with the human race before and/or as though HF's public forums are their own personal communication device.

Gummi Bears were buy one get one free at the store today, wooooot!!!

So you bought one gummi bear and got another free?

In homework news....

Yay for computer programs that don't run!

And math classes that increase exponentially in difficulty each week.

In homework news....

Almost wish i had either of those problems.. I have almost forgotten what its like to be in school. I need to get my ass back.

So you bought one gummi bear and got another free?

In homework news....

no comment

I got three of my grades in though. C+ in pre-calc (could have tried harder in that class really), B in Italian Renaissance Art, and a B in Business Ethics. Only class I still need a grade from is photography, which is basically a guaranteed A for me (I knew more than the teacher)

Ummm...this is kinda what they're talking about.

Actually, Mike decided since he wasn't going to be able to play by *his* rules, he would take his toys and go home.

there were probably less than 5 of the thousands of users on this site that didn't like the guy.

Mike cried himself away from HF after being hurt by the fact that this isn't SS and never will be. (Refer to: http://www.hondaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=32086)

What happened: Mike created a "post whore" thread which was 10 pages of people posting for no reason at all, simply blatant whoring (as the thread title would suggest). When he and other noobs found at that excessive post whoring is not allowed here on HF, they started to cry about how that's not fair. They fail to understand that it's not fair to the long time users of HF and those who may be new/newer, who are not complete pw's, for them to post like they have never interacted with the human race before and/or as though HF's public forums are their own personal communication device.

EDIT: I don't believe this thread is made to talk about post whoring,, so in that case are you going off topic and therefore whoring? Ohh my. 10% for you!

I also believe you are flaming Mike. There is a rule against that you know.

i personally take that offensive, as it seems people that personally offended you were the only ones banned/warned. if you haven't noticed, it has been ME that has held the highest post count for the past week or so, and i feel that much of that was done to help/get help. Mike had fun on here and so did most people around him. i bellieve you two got along until this week. i still like this forum, but that is my 2 cents.

i personally take that offensive, as it seems people that personally offended you were the only ones banned/warned. if you haven't noticed, it has been ME that has held the highest post count for the past week or so, and i feel that much of that was done to help/get help. Mike had fun on here and so did most people around him. i bellieve you two got along until this week. i still like this forum, but that is my 2 cents.

And you should as you were one of the offenders. People are free to dislike who they want, but when you break the rules you aren't allowed to cry about it when you get smacked.

And you should as you were one of the offenders. People are free to dislike who they want, but when you break the rules you aren't allowed to cry about it when you get smacked.

some people on this forum flame everyone, like bringing up Dwayne even after he stops his car trade rants! :thumbsup:

some people on this forum flame everyone, like bringing up Dwayne even after he stops his car trade rants! :thumbsup:

And if I get warned about it, I'll take it like a man and not bitch and moan because I got nailed for breaking the rules. Thanks for playing.

And when I get warned about it, I'll take it like a man and not bitch and moan because I got nailed for breaking the rules. Thanks for playing.

i am not warned, and have not seen where i have complained about my breaking the rules! i was upset my good friend was treated like a pile of crap and left!

you do not bitch about breaking rules, you just flame and bitch to mods and others about how people aren't what you want them to be! i asked for a few things to be added to the site, so what if they got denied and no one else liked them? we have a thread for suggestions!

so if that is bitching and moaning, GUILTY AS CHARGED!!!

there were probably less than 5 of the thousands of users on this site that didn't like the guy.

EDIT: I don't believe this thread is made to talk about post whoring,, so in that case are you going off topic and therefore whoring? Ohh my. 10% for you!

I also believe you are flaming Mike. There is a rule against that you know.

There may be thousands of registered users on HF, but that is hardly an accurate number when it comes to active users.

Moderators can't be warned, and pay attention to the topic before you post about something being off-topic.

How is stating that someone had an e-tantrum and left the forum because the rules that have been in place for almost six years would not be altered to suit his desires flaming that person?

No one was banned, and no one received warnings. Likewise, no one offended me. I also never said that I didn't get along with Mike. Next time, don't assume things.

i am not warned, and have not seen where i have complained about my breaking the rules! i was upset my good friend was treated like a pile of crap and left!

you do not bitch about breaking rules, you just flame and bitch to mods and others about how people aren't what you want them to be! i asked for a few things to be added to the site, so what if they got denied and no one else liked them? we have a thread for suggestions!

so if that is bitching and moaning, GUILTY AS CHARGED!!!

You're bitching and moaning for the rules to be changed for a *few* posters. Mike made his own bed, nobody ran him off. He, and everybody that participated in his whoring threads broke the rules. If you don't like those rules, you can do like Mike did and leave. It's really that simple.

There may be thousands of registered users on HF, but that is hardly an accurate number when it comes to active users.

Moderators can't be warned, and pay attention to the topic before you post about something being off-topic.

How is stating that someone had an e-tantrum and left the forum because the rules that have been in place for almost six years would not be altered to suit his desires flaming that person?

No one was banned, and no one received warnings. Likewise, no one offended me. I also never said that I didn't get along with Mike. Next time, don't assume things.

Well said, and thank you Ashley.

You're bitching and moaning for the rules to be changed for a *few* posters. Mike made his own bed, nobody ran him off. He, and everybody that participated in his whoring threads broke the rules. If you don't like those rules, you can do like Mike did and leave. It's really that simple.

Well said, and thank you Ashley.

I ask that the rules be fair. You just posted in the meet thread you voted so Dwayne wouldn't come. You flame the hell out of that poor kid, but because you're mr grandpa i guess it's okay. No, i will not leave, i've been contemplating the membership fees for a few weeks actually, because i personally like the site, hondas, and most of the people on here. i will hang out until i get banned.

I ask that the rules be fair. You just posted in the meet thread you voted so Dwayne wouldn't come. You flame the hell out of that poor kid, but because you're mr grandpa i guess it's okay. No, i will not leave, i've been contemplating the membership fees for a few weeks actually, because i personally like the site, hondas, and most of the people on here. i will hang out until i get banned.

The rules are fair, and they were broken by Pearce and his spam buddies. If you think what I've said about Dwayne is flaming, then the internet is not going to be the place for you. Anything I've said to or about Dwayne is mild as to what is typically considered a flame. Like Ash said, I'm at a 20% warn level, so don't think I go through this site unpunished, I just don't whine about it like others. I'm glad you like this site, and if you can be a contributing member, see no reason why you shouldn't stay. But if you expect the rules to be changed for the few, you have a skewed perception as to what works in normal society.

People can only see his/her own warn level (Moderators and Admins see everyone's warn level), so unless someone publicly announces that he/she was warned, no one has any idea other than the staff and the member.

HF doesn't have membership fees...

Sorry for comparing to thousands, I sincerely apologize. :crazy:

Of course mods can't be warned, it was a wise-a$$ statement.

I was referring to you saying Mike was crying about what happened. Whoring in serious threads was complained about, he and his followers took it to OFF TOPIC DISCUSSION. It was closed there as well.

I believe I can assume what I want :thumbsup:

Archived