The off topic general discussion thread

Tubbith

Since i see a lot of b*tchin, and nothing gettin done about it. Yall have your talked here.

*I am not advocatin breaking any forum rules. Do not whore this to death.*

(If this gets locked, while all members are abiding by the rules, then we know where the mods stand on anything of this nature)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again, permitting what Tubbith says falls into line..I don't see a problem with this thread.

IT's the random sh*t "OH WHAT'D YOU HAVE FOR DINNER OR LUNCH" or "WHAT KINDA CAR SHOULD I BUY" that'll probably result in a locking.

Well, im pretty sure this will eventually get locked. Mainly b/c people cant seem to understand the not whore aspect. But we will have to see. They have their place for general discussion now.

its not to whore. its to have general disscussion. at least not for me

Your definition of whoring and others definition of whoring is entirely different.

the thing is, the general discussion section of the forums is an off topic section. hence the name, "general discussion"

making this thread will just cause a bunch of random posts much like those that get the other threads locked.

Your definition of whoring and others definition of whoring is entirely different.

maybe so. why not have this thread not count towards post counts and not have it show up on view new posts? i could live with that

maybe so. why not have this thread not count towards post counts and not have it show up on view new posts? i could live with that

because you would need an admin to go and modify every member's post count so it wouldnt reflect those that were posted in here.

the forums are not set up to have a certain area not count towards a post count. it would be just too much hassle.

a simple fix would be for the members to be a little bit more mature about their posts. i can understand a few here and there, but all out threads of the same person posting over and over and over again, is just pointless.

Rick laid it out for me.

Modifying user posts so that counting isn't done is something only the admin can do and I don't know if UP.Board or even VBulletin could do it. Maybe I'm wrong and the Admin or Mods could.

mods cannot.

only admins. drew and i had a discussion about it. i then jokingly told him to reduce the ginger's post count to zero.

drew and trepid arent online that much as it is. to have them modify post counts for any possible member that posts would be pointless, and insulting.

they shouldnt have to come on the forums to do that sort of thing. we should be thankful for what they have already given us.

and extremely thankful that this is still a free site.

Rick laid it out for me.

Modifying user posts so that counting isn't done is something only the admin can do and I don't know if UP.Board or even VBulletin could do it. Maybe I'm wrong and the Admin or Mods could.

You mean IPB, lol, and setting a specific forum to not count towards post counts is something that IPB and vB are capable of. However, it requires Drew to set it up. Rising post counts are not the biggest issue on excessive pw'ing, however, it's bandwidth that's the biggest issue.

Sorry..typo.

It happens.

Edit -- Everyone overlooks the bandwidth.. Start exceeding and we may have to pay some membership fees..Lol

membership fees would be ftl....

though, if there were a special incentive, like a certain part of the forums that paid members could access, then i could see a couple members making a contribution to the site.

id donate 20 bucks or so for something special. the subaru forum im on has a special arcade and forums for official members.

Due to the recent turn of events in my life I've sorta' tried going neutral, limiting my posting.. I still call it as I see it, just much less often.

Literally almost cut my posting in half.. Trying to remain non-biased, essentially. Of course every thread I go to is being whored out.

Which is why I brought up the issue about deleting old threads or even members.

Doesn't really affect it as they're not constantly being pulled.

Due to the recent turn of events in my life I've sorta' tried going neutral, limiting my posting.. I still call it as I see it, just much less often.

Literally almost cut my posting in half.. Trying to remain non-biased, essentially. Of course every thread I go to is being whored out.

+1

ive done the same. id rather not get the post whore of the year award this time around.

i much more enjoy being a positive addition to the forums.

Archived