FRANKENSTEIN

Zerroom

Hey I have heard about this Frankenstein motor that can be built for my 98 Honda Prelude. I dont know exactly what it consists of. Some people have said its the H23 top end with the H22 bottom and vice versa. What exactly is this Frankenstein motor and what does it consist of? Ive heard that it puts out pretty good horsepower just stock and its perfect for boost. Just trying to get some answers because it may be something I want to build. Any kind of help and ideas would be great.

2.3 SI bottom end

2.2 VTEC head

Prelude Type S Pistons. * i think*

Everything else stock.

Stock headers, stock intake, stock exhaust

stock cam gears, stock fuel system

In other words, totally stock except S pistons.

i thought about doing the h23 vtec swap for mine from the Accord Sir-T wagon, but the thing is there isnt many parts for it, just cam gears, maybe an exhaust, and turbo kits.

one thing u would really need is oil squirters cuz u need them for the 22 head

ive heard ppl trying this before, and lots of them fail. its to much time, change, and money, so to be honest with u, get a jdm h22 or the h23 vtec from the accord, ive found the h23vtec for the same price as the h22, and build it up, unless this is sumthing you really want to put alot of time and money into.

*if i have put any wrong info about the swap, plz let me know*

ok cool.. yea i may look at the H23vtec swap too...im just looking at ideas, its a work in progress and its definately not sumthin I want to be dropping a lot of money into if its gone fail....I found a Type S H22 and that was an idea as well...is there any good places to get motors from besides ebay?

ok cool.. yea i may look at the H23vtec swap too...im just looking at ideas, its a work in progress and its definately not sumthin I want to be dropping a lot of money into if its gone fail....I found a Type S H22 and that was an idea as well...is there any good places to get motors from besides ebay?

Places like this.

http://www.jdmenginescorp.com/

no personal experience, but hmotorsonline.com is what most people here suggest, with good experiences from everyone i believe! :thumbsup:

no personal experience, but hmotorsonline.com is what most people here suggest, with good experiences from everyone i believe! :thumbsup:

Im pretty sure hmotorsonline sells the motors how they come out of the car. Meaning no frankenstein.

Im pretty sure hmotorsonline sells the motors how they come out of the car. Meaning no frankenstein.

i was unclear to if he was sure on what he wanted :thumbsup:

just suggesting a site for motors in general :D

If he decides on just a motor swap, from what everyone has ever told me, hmotorsonline is a great place. Personally, i'd rather hit a junk yard, pull one there, and pay 1/3 of the price. But i dont mind possibly getting a higher milage motor either.

If he decides on just a motor swap, from what everyone has ever told me, hmotorsonline is a great place. Personally, i'd rather hit a junk yard, pull one there, and pay 1/3 of the price. But i dont mind possibly getting a higher milage motor either.

i agree with you, if i could find a reasonably priced b-series locally it would be sitting on my engine stand :thumbsup:

i also don't mind high mileage on hondas, but a low mile motor wouldn't be past my purchase options.

i dont think so because it isnt a normal swap. its the kind where u have to piece everything together piece by piece. now, if you can find sumone that has already done it and is selling it like on the craiglist, or even ebay, then you got a shot at it, but i honestly dont think you will find it already done for you. if you do, hah let me no :)

Honestly, a Frank is something you would probably want to do yourself. Google is your friend. Just do some research and you will have a much better idea what all is involved and how easy/hard it would be for you to do.

Archived