First gen talon turbo

my buddy is looking to buy a 14b or 16g turbo for his talon if you have any or know someone or know any sites to get one LMK asap...thanks

sorry about title my computer freaked, he needs a 14b or 16g turbo

go with the 16g. little larger snail stock on alot of 2g's if i remember. it's not a bad "stock" setup.

That's what I linked. The small 16G. The Evo 16G would be too much without supporting mods.

Alternately, I'm going to have a used T25 available real soon. Would need a different manifold though, as the flanges are different.

i have no clue what a T25 is but how much and can he use it?

The T25 is the second gen turbo, and it's considered a downgrade, but desperate people and all that. I haven't pulled it yet, so I don't know how much shaftplay it might have. Come to think of it now, it might be useable without a new manifold as it's a Mitsubishi turbo, and they may be flanged all the same.

• 3 months later...

now if any of you know better you can step up and correct me but I am just speaking from my experience

if he is still on the stock fuel system I would highly recommend the 14G as a starting platform so you can efficiently build boost within the range of the stock fuel system... this will also leave more power available down low in the RPM range, then when the fuel system is purchased you can push more PSI through the 14G and add turbo toys/bolt on's

I wouldn't get a 16G unless I had an aftermarket fuel system so I can jump fuel cut and a 2 step to build boost on the line

now if any of you know better you can step up and correct me but I am just speaking from my experience

if he is still on the stock fuel system I would highly recommend the 14G as a starting platform so you can efficiently build boost within the range of the stock fuel system... this will also leave more power available down low in the RPM range, then when the fuel system is purchased you can push more PSI through the 14G and add turbo toys/bolt on's

I wouldn't get a 16G unless I had an aftermarket fuel system so I can jump fuel cut and a 2 step to build boost on the line

He is on the stock fuel system, and is looking for a cheap replacement to a blown turbo. He could run a 16G at stock boost and be fine, but that's besides the point. At some point I will have a used T25 available, but that point isn't happening anytime soon. This was a dead thread BTW.

Archived