high rev~~

jkm345

i just recently put a type-r head on my block..after i connected evrything, i turn the car on and it just goes all the way up to 2,500 rpm and just stays there, i dunt understand why it stays up that high..it doesnt drop..i noe that one of my spark plug wire is not good, but can it cause a problem like this??i check my timing its just off by a little bit, meaning it shouldnt even rev that high even if it was off..is there anything i might of forgot??or any suggestion on why??

wells..i have an integra gsr with a chipped p72 ecu..and yes, ur right, i found out i have a vaccum leak, i had a b16 intake manifold but it was obd0 and i was using my gsr throtttle body and somehow those didnt want to connect to the other stuff on it..i forgot wats its called but i found the reason..(dunt ask me why i have a b16 intakemanifold, it was the cheapest thing i could get at the time)..

also does anyone noe why my cylinder #1 is not firing...i was thinking it was my distributor, but wen i changed in a new one, the same thing happened, im hoping i just need to change my spark plug wires, just on a note, is there any other things i should look at?

wells..i have an integra gsr with a chipped p72 ecu..and yes, ur right, i found out i have a vaccum leak, i had a b16 intake manifold but it was obd0 and i was using my gsr throtttle body and somehow those didnt want to connect to the other stuff on it..i forgot wats its called but i found the reason..(dunt ask me why i have a b16 intakemanifold, it was the cheapest thing i could get at the time)..

also does anyone noe why my cylinder #1 is not firing...i was thinking it was my distributor, but wen i changed in a new one, the same thing happened, im hoping i just need to change my spark plug wires, just on a note, is there any other things i should look at?

the actual plug, if you haven't already. seems you're working backwards from what i would. maybe i missed something in here though?

my cable is fine..that was the first thing i checked up on..but im waiting for my spark plug wire to come in since they didnt have any at the auto store i decided to order mine..should be here either this week or next week, soo tempting though, really want to drive the car and see wats the difference between the gsr head n type-r

Archived