air intake question

stsdude2

I put an air intake in my car a few months ago and I've been noticing lately the filter looks a little dirty or rather very dirty than how it was when I first bought it, DO i need to replace the filter at all can it be washed? I feel like the cars gotten quieter since when I first put the intake in and I thought the filter becoming dirty might impact that. Any ideas?

how long is a few months?

pic, if you can.

you can wash a filter, just pull it off, spray it with the hose inside and out. let it dry, re-install it.

i've had mine on for quite a few months and it isn't horribly dirty.

i've got one of these http://www.procivic.com/pages-popup_image/pID-222/index.html my friend told me i wouldnt need to replace the filter but your saying i should so where could i find a filter like that, I dont remember what model my intake is exactly.

Those are AEM CAIs

So yes, just clean it. They recommend some solution that they sell, but you don't need it. Just a few rinses in warm water.

Make sure if you do wash it that you rinse it from the inside out to ensure all the debris gets out rather than in. And K&N makes a recharge kit that includes the wash solution and the oil to put on the filter when its clean to keep it in good shape.

The aem "dryflow" doesn't require an oil.

Any others would benefit from the K&N "recharge kit". I picked mine up for like $12. I use it once per year. I figure the bottle is good for 15 yrs or so. lol

Archived