Turbo d-series

DelSolSweetie

give me some ideas of good rings/pistons/rods etc now!

i was leaning towards and h22 del sol but i believe a turbo d will be better

p.s. im selling my truck and using the money from that.. and i already know where two sols are.. one has like 300k on it but the body is PERFECT.. like o m g perfect

and i havent seen the other one yet.. its in my friends hometown.. hes checkin on it today

And a professionally chipped ECU! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sorry Dwight!! :heart:

lol alright mike ill give you that one! My thoughts are the first ecu was fine (and it was), but then because the stock map sensor was seeing 15psi it caused the dizzy and ecu to crap the bed..and the second ecu was a manual p06 converted..i gues gone wrong. lol

alright.. first off.. no thread jacking .. we're staying focused here

should i go lower compression then that.. like 8.5:1?

and im not playing around here.. i want at least about 300 wheel would be nice.. i want it to go fast :thumbsup:

and ive heard vtec and boost only go good together if built properly so when giving ideas remember if i buy another sol im gettin an si.. hopefully a 93 like mine

should i get a kit or piece one??

how big of a turbo.. t3/t4 or bigger? my brother in law has a t-88on his rb25.. and well i dont even think it would fit under my hood so nothing crazy :laugh:

why go higher compression for boost?

and i dont want to put anymore money in mine cause its been wrecked so much.. theres no way id ever get even 1/4 of the money thats in it back

and thats going to be my dd.. the turbo sol is going to be weekend/track/fun car

the higher CR will make it not so much a dog out of boost, and will deter turbo lag, I'm running 9.0-1 myself and have no problems. Isnt 300whp near the top of a gt28rs's efficency range? im thinking a gt30 would be better off.

More compression is not bad with boost.

Make sure you tuner can safely tune it.

Know what fuel you're going to run.

I've done as high as 11.5:1 for street cars on Chevron 93.

You'd be suprised at the compression the fast SFWD and Hot Rod guys are running.

those engines are torn down every ten miles. I dont think that is the standard for a daily driver.

... and even if you have done 11.5:1 on 93, I would still highly discourage other people from doing it.

I know people who have ran 25PSI on a stock block, does that mean she should do that on her daily driver too?

No they're not. Most competitive SFWD engines last 2 seasons. Only rebuilt to freshen things up. One I built for a local has been running for a year now, daily driven on 93 octane, 12:1. Its all in the chamber and piston top.

and thats going to be my dd.. the turbo sol is going to be weekend/track/fun car

I know people who have ran 25PSI on a stock block, does that mean she should do that on her daily driver too?

okay every reply you made has been about this bein my DD.. if you had read MY post correctly it says the turbo sol is going to be my fun weekend and track car.. as in i'll have TWO sols

so we're not talking for daily driving.. i want hp and i want it to last :D

but anyway.. i believe stock compression is 9.6:1.. so going to 9.1 wouldnt be much of a change

first of cranny is right as always.nething more the 10.0:1 is way to high even for low boost.thing is the higher your comp ratio the harder your car will be to tune.a very very good tuner will be needed with comp ratio that high.as for ur question ne reputable company will be fine for pistons and rods its all about preference.i would go with like je or arias pistons and probly eagle rods but thats just me.and project car made nowhwere near 300whp with there diy turbo d.they made like 160whp on 6lbs with all stock internals.making 300whp on a d will not be easy.in fact ive been wanting to takle the task myself cause ive never built a d.but ya u will need a really strong motor to handle the amount of boost it would take to get 300whp out of a d.i would should more for like 225 or so for a street setup.

There is no right or wrong on opinion of CR for boost. It all comes down to the person building the engine and the person tuning it.

300whp on a D is easy. Not like its hard to make mild power when you have a turbo.

yes there is , i dont know what cars you build. but all the cars i know of and read about , some 1000 whp K series , noone runs higher than 10:1. most run 9:1 , thats the popular number. so your saying you built a 12:1 CR boosted engine , i call BS. makes no fukin sense whatsoever unless you plan on running 6psi or some piddly number. i dont care what kind of internals you run , you run 12:1 with any amount of boost , its going kaboom before long. that or put headgaskets on steady from lifting the head.

you want 300 whp d series , 9:1 pistons , forged rods , full race or reputable top mount or ramhorn manifold , 44mm wastegate , t3/t4 garrett , at least 57 trim. the turbo i run would be perfect , .60 cold , .63 hot. 3" downpipe and exhaust to match. 18 psi will get you 300 wheel around. or you could go all out and run a twin scroll setup , but little overkill for a 300 whp D series , lol.

yes there is , i dont know what cars you build. but all the cars i know of and read about , some 1000 whp K series , noone runs higher than 10:1. most run 9:1 , thats the popular number. so your saying you built a 12:1 CR boosted engine , i call BS. makes no fukin sense whatsoever unless you plan on running 6psi or some piddly number. i dont care what kind of internals you run , you run 12:1 with any amount of boost , its going kaboom before long. that or put headgaskets on steady from lifting the head.

you want 300 whp d series , 9:1 pistons , forged rods , full race or reputable top mount or ramhorn manifold , 44mm wastegate , t3/t4 garrett , at least 57 trim. the turbo i run would be perfect , .60 cold , .63 hot. 3" downpipe and exhaust to match. 18 psi will get you 300 wheel around. or you could go all out and run a twin scroll setup , but little overkill for a 300 whp D series , lol.

57 trim would get the 300 as you said but with some lag.

Gt30 gets 300+ easily, might be a little over kill (better suited for 400-500hp)

or you could buy my GT28RS setup which maxes out at around 340hp... kick out 300hp with killer spool.

Oversized head studs, GSR head so it has plenty of quench to keep the A/F in the center of the cylinder, o-ringed head. Doesn't go through headgaskets and hasn't blown. Top tier SFWD power.

Archived