opinions on cr/vtec

OTiS

ok so the oppurtunity has possibly arisen for me to get a b20 motor for 400. (not sure of what all comes with it but guy says it has under 80k miles, and i cant find his number atm to call him.). iv heard you can make it vtec by putting another head on it. Im fairly new at the whole frankenstein thing so help is deeply appreciated on this. a couple of questions, what head should i use for it gsr or b16? are those even possible with the b20? what kind of block/head work would have to be done? what kind of upgraded internals would i need? Any and all help on this would greatly help.

ok so the oppurtunity has possibly arisen for me to get a b20 motor for 400. (not sure of what all comes with it but guy says it has under 80k miles, and i cant find his number atm to call him.). iv heard you can make it vtec by putting another head on it. Im fairly new at the whole frankenstein thing so help is deeply appreciated on this. a couple of questions, what head should i use for it gsr or b16? are those even possible with the b20? what kind of block/head work would have to be done? what kind of upgraded internals would i need? Any and all help on this would greatly help.

http://www.jdmcivic.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-4903.html

hope that helps :thumbsup:

i say get a b16 head if ur gonna go for cr-vtec..the b16 head is similar to that of a type-r..gsr head just gives u that extra, but if u work on ur b16 head, it well outperform the gsr head.

Stock and stock the b16 head is better than the gsr head.

Edit -- at least that's what I thought I heard.

Wrong.

GSR flows better on the intake, B16 slightly better on the exhaust.

GSR has quench pads, higher velocity intake ports, better port entry angle, better casting (see crap head due to core shift on the B16A2's).

ok so get the motor, tranny, ecu, gsr head, rods, rod bolts. anything else? about how much would the rods, rod bolts, and gsr head cost? and any sites avalible?

ok so get the motor, tranny, ecu, gsr head, rods, rod bolts. anything else? about how much would the rods, rod bolts, and gsr head cost? and any sites avalible?

if i'm not mistaken, it will be easier to just use a gsr ecu. not an expert, someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Archived