Okay, I'm actually looking at this one Friday

CleanGSR

Lol.....this was a horrible car in person. Top of the list of crap cars I've looked at the past 6 months. I'll copy and paste some of my AIM with Pearce.....

sidersjazz: lol......well where do I begin....Okay, so it should have been a clue when he didn't disclose the a/c not working until we figured it out by that picture.

sidersjazz: So, I get there and he doesn't show. I call him and he says "oh, I sent you an email to make sure we were still meeting this morning....did you not get it?" To which I responded, "I had to get my son ready to go and drive twice as far as you.....did I call or email to cancel?" (sarcasm). So he heads out and shows up an hour late.

sidersjazz: He gets there and I look at the car. The "new" paint is pretty crappy. There is rust forming at the bottom of one side and there's rust bubbles under the paint on the other side. Front end has fitment issues as you thought and the back bumper was even worse. The interior had a ton of stains. The window trim was missing around the front and rear windows. The suspension was the worst I've ever ridden in and clunked and creaked on even the smallest bumps. My father-in-law's tractor rides smoother going through the field (not kidding).

sidersjazz: So, we test drive it (to be polite at this point) and we get going and it drives.....so-so. Get on the highway and take the next exit to turn around. As we are slowing down, the Check Engine light kicks on. Then while we are sitting at the stoplight, we notice smoke coming out from under the grill and we could smell oil burning (clearly not a rebuilt engine or not rebuilt correctly). So we make it back to where we met and tell him a few of the reasons we aren't interested anymore. What a waste of a day.

sidersjazz: Oh and this kid must have been 16 and he looked about 12 (seriously).

sidersjazz: Oh, and NONE of those problems had been disclosed to me or else I wouldn't have wasted my time. I honestly think the stupid kid was trying to stick me with the problems just to get rid of it.

Lets go break his legs and eat his breakfast.

Kid was so skinny a stiff wind could break his legs. I've worked hard to get to 138.5 pounds and I honestly felt like I was hugely buff next to this punk kid. The only funny part was that he had to stand out in the cold in the parking lot while we test drove the car.

I hope so. I'm still sick about the one I missed out on. 127,000 miles, no rust, great condition, ran great 2700 bucks.

ouch. well i missed a 95 civic sedan for $250, ran 5spd.

could've parted it out. but there's always something else out there.

keep your chin up, hopefully it'll come sooner than later :thumbsup:

ouch. well i missed a 95 civic sedan for $250, ran 5spd.

could've parted it out. but there's always something else out there.

keep your chin up, hopefully it'll come sooner than later :thumbsup:

THanks. While having no car does suck pretty bad, we can live for awhile with one car so I'm not in a hurry to rush into a piece of crap. That's the nice thing about this time around. Last time we couldn't manage with 1 car for long so had to find something really quick.

dang man that sucks. like hondahunter said maybe it was for a reason. is one less car helping out the bills any? not tryin to be nosy or anything just tryin to find a good point in it.

dang man that sucks. like hondahunter said maybe it was for a reason. is one less car helping out the bills any? not tryin to be nosy or anything just tryin to find a good point in it.

Yes. My wife's car is paid off so we have no car payments at the moment. However, if I can find a car for 3200 or less, we still won't have car payments. My bank is giving me a loan for that amount and making it so it's due in full at the end of March (when we get tax money) and no payments until then. So either way, our monthly bills will be the same. I can say that it is very nice though.

Hint.....I'm buying it and the guy is meeting with me next Saturday for me to buy it. I test drove it today.

All I will say is

1991 Civic Hatchback base model

NO rust

45,000 original miles

Red

Oh yeah, and I am getting it for........

wait for it.....

$2250 which will leave me enough from my measly 3000 loan to get some coilvoers and possibly HX wheels/tires.

Archived