Im still around.

Joe W

I haven't left the forums, just not much time lately. And now the unfortunate happened and I was laid off at work so I am left with the task of acquiring a job which sucks. I want to get into law enforcement but I am not 21 yet and have like 8 months to go, so yeah life pretty much sucks right now. Noone is hiring right now either so I feel stuck, I've thought of going into the military, but everyone around me is discouraging it and I take my friends and family's opinions to heart.

This is kind of a rant/im back topic, respond if you feel like it.

Oh and if you guys and gals could fill me in on some highlights the past month or so, that'd be great. There are 19 pages of new posts since my last visit.

glad to see you back :thumbsup: onlly talked to you a few times, but always good to have members here for sure.

i'm going into LE myself. I would suggest the military, I am doing it myself. Great training, looks great on applications, most likely will get to travel. Lots of pros, it's not an easy/high paying job, but rarely have i heard someone say they regretted it. GL with the job find, behind you all the way friend :thumbsup:

Welcome back. DOn't know how long it's been since you've been on....but....

I sold my Integra

Bought a 97 Accord LX in awesome condition

Totaled the accord (guy ran a red)

In the process of trying to find a decent car for around 3000 (have a couple prospects/possibilities)

I haven't left the forums, just not much time lately. And now the unfortunate happened and I was laid off at work so I am left with the task of acquiring a job which sucks. I want to get into law enforcement but I am not 21 yet and have like 8 months to go, so yeah life pretty much sucks right now. Noone is hiring right now either so I feel stuck, I've thought of going into the military, but everyone around me is discouraging it and I take my friends and family's opinions to heart.

Welcome back dood. Keep your head up. Don't limit yourself to where you apply. Any job is better than none, if you don't have many options. GL, and keep in touch.

Thanks guys.

wBs- I've been putting in apps left and right cause any job is better than none you are right on that.

Nate-I was around when you sold the teg and I had seen some pics of the accord. However did not know it got wrecked, I am sorry to hear that. I did look at the H22 swapped CB, thing is nice, and good luck to you with getting another dd.

Hondahunter-Yeah I'm not too worried about it being high paying just long as I can enjoy work and have a few toys. I mean I wanna be a cop and they damn sure don't make much, but enough.

even i didn't know this!

does this have anything to do with gravy? :o

Well lets see I have basically phased my way out of my wifes hair now! She is making brownies and cookies for CT9A\ Brian, and going shopping with Bradley now that the truth has come out! :( 9A

Well lets see I have basically phased my way out of my wifes hair now! She is making brownies and cookies for CT9A\ Brian, and going shopping with Bradley now that the truth has come out! :( 9A

you did not see what else she put! :thumbsup::devil: :devil: :devil:

EDIT: And you have NOOOO IDEA what we're shopping for :D

lets see a update on me for the last month/this month...

inorder how everything went:

evo was stolen, still no update on its whereabouts

the day after the car theft this happened..

my cat that ive had since i was 7 years old passed away, liver failure. i was pretty tore up after that

looking at buying a new car off my friend, 2000 honda civic Si, pics are in the WTFFFFFFFFFFFF thread.

got taken out of CSP (where i had fun going on missions)

put in the motorpool working from 7am to 9pm

so now im dogg tired every day!

thats my update for you :thumbsup:

lets see a update on me for the last month/this month...

inorder how everything went:

evo was stolen, still no update on its whereabouts

the day after the car theft this happened..

my cat that ive had since i was 7 years old passed away, liver failure. i was pretty tore up after that

looking at buying a new car off my friend, 2000 honda civic Si, pics are in the WTFFFFFFFFFFFF thread.

got taken out of CSP (where i had fun going on missions)

put in the motorpool working from 7am to 9pm

so now im dogg tired every day!

thats my update for you :thumbsup:

HOly crap dude. I had no idea your EVO got stolen. That friggin' sucks. Did you even get to drive it (i.e. were you back from deployment?)

sherriff's depts will hire you if youre under 21. they will probly stick you in a corrections facility though until youre old enough to go on patrol.

um...

i dont know when you were on last.

i bought a subaru

i moved from cali to new york

i was rear ended

drove a ford fusion rental for like 3 weeks

finally got my car back from the body shop after 5 weeks of waiting

bought myself a 50" tv

got a new xbox

having an hf meet at my house dec 19-21

HOly crap dude. I had no idea your EVO got stolen. That friggin' sucks. Did you even get to drive it (i.e. were you back from deployment?)

yeah man, its gone :( there STILL is no update on it, unfortunately.

and no, yet again i didnt get to drive another evo that i have owned :sleep2:

so now i have a friend that is selling me his 00 Si, we'll see how that goes, oh and im getting freaking lojack for the civic, LOL! :laugh:

Sorry to here about the evo, hope all gets sorted out. It's good to hear from everyone and know most of the same regs are still here. As for the sheriff/police thing I have already applied about 8 months ago, passed both tests physical and mental, then right after I turned in my background history and legal paperwork they sent me a letter saying they could not hire me until my 21st bday.

Oh and if you guys and gals could fill me in on some highlights the past month or so, that'd be great. There are 19 pages of new posts since my last visit.

Welcome back, was wondering what happened to you. Right now is a terrible time to be job-hunting, as even most retail jobs have hired for the holiday season already. January/February is going to bring yet more cuts also. Hopefully you'll be fortunate enough to find something soon to get you by until you can try for something else. I agree with your friends/family on the military, due to personal reasons and for the fact that it seems as though you're only considering it because it's the "last resort".

Archived