F22A1 manual transmission*will bolt to what engines?

I just bought a 90 accord and want to turbo it but the engine is old and tired not to mention the lowest power f22 out there.

I know for a fact the previous owner overheated it many many times. Its just waiting to go so im a little confused about what a good replacement would be. I would LIKE DOHC dont realy care if its "v-tec" or not and preferably the same OBD code with a pretty straight foward "remove A and insert B installation. just want something to run like 5psi on just for kicks. Any ideas?

Will bolt to any H or F engine that doesn't have a C in it.

I'd rebuild that engine or get another. S2000 aside, that is the best F/H head Honda ever made.

Are you sure? The specs are F22A1: 125 hp (93 kW) @ 5200 rpm 137 ft·lbf (186 N m) @ 4000 rpm AND SOHC

This looks a LOT better >>>F22BThis engine was used in the 1992-1996 Honda Prelude Si in Japan. It is similar to the H23A,.

Specifications

• 2.2L
  • Bore × Stroke: 85.0 × 95.0 mm
  • Displacement: 2156 cc
  • Valve Configuration: DOHC, 16 valves
  • Compression ratio: 9.3:1
  • Max power: 166 hp (119 kW) @ 6000 rpm
  • Max torque: 150 ft·lbf (200 N m) @ 5000 rpm

I would think that the DOHC would be better with a turbo than the SOHC would be.

I can understand how the F22A1 could possibly in stock form be "better" for turbocharging (for higher boost pressures) given the lower static compression ratio of 8.8:1 vs 9.3:1 for the F22B but all other things being the same (both heads are 4 valves per cyl) (and both non vtec) maby im just slow but all things being the same, I fail to see how a single cam engine could possibly outflow a DOHC engine??? And given that boost (by theory) should give you a aprrox. gain of X horsepower per pound of boost, how are you not starting out ahead by using the higher out-put engine? Is'nt that in it's self counter-inntuitive? And what possible logic would have caused honda to put a higher flowing head on standard (read boring) accord models in the US and then put head that flow less on JDM Prelude SI's???? Are the valves larger? Acoustic tuning? Different Intake manifold? Blows my mind....... :crazy:

Archived