...can someone give me a summary of pay-pal

dohc1991integra

its not very hard. its just basically a secure way to send money.

you can use your bank account, a credit card, or your actual paypal account to pay/buy things. if someone sends you money to your paypal account, you are credited in your account but get charged a 3% fee from paypal (probably the only downside, but they gotta make money somehow). you can then transfer it to your account, get it from an atm, or transfer it to your paypal debit card (if you choose to get one, i dont have one) and have cash that way. i pretty much accept paypal only for crap i sell for my car.

just always make sure their address is verified, and they are verified members (pretty sure this is how you are covered if there is some sort of scam involved, a verified address is basically just well, verifying your home address n crap like that).

theres more to it, but thats a little. if you buy a lot of stuff online from like private parties, paypal is awesome. you can survive without it though if you dont do that much. a lot of online websites are starting to take paypal as a payment, since its secure though.

what does that mean?...im confused...which happens easily :sleep2:

I'm with you there. Basically, Paypal is another bank account... kinda. It hides away your information while shopping online, or provides a method to get paid while online. There's a fee for receiving money, but paying an online retailer or sending money to family or friends is free... kinda. 3% of what you send someone goes to paypal. There are some fancy extras for online retailers if you want, but those you have to pay for, and probably don't need unless you're starting up the next Amazon.com out of your garage.

what does that mean?...im confused...which happens easily :sleep2:

they make two deposits, say 3 cents and 17 cents. you go to your bank and ask them to print out a statement for your account. you see the two amounts deposited. log into paypal, type in the two amounts, and you're a verified paypal member.

they make two deposits, say 3 cents and 17 cents. you go to your bank and ask them to print out a statement for your account. you see the two amounts deposited. log into paypal, type in the two amounts, and you're a verified paypal member.

Or, people living in 2008 log into their bank account online to see the deposit amounts...

Archived